Black is the silliest car color - prove me wrong

black cars suck. if you want a nice dark color on your car get dark blue. i have a black car with black interior and i can confirm that in the summer it is hotter than a neutron star. i don't wash the car because it looks better covered in mud, the mud hides the peeling paint.
You’re wrong.

Username confirms.

Here is another personal experience. I was unloading my family to go into the grocery store and, towards the end of the process, I noticed a — yeah — big, black, blob 😁😁😁. “Escalade or something” went through the back of my mind. Once done, I took a better look and was like “Esca [lade]”, but before my mind finished saying Esca-lade, I realized it’s a…. lag-lag-lag…. Rolls Royce! 😁

With medium amount of options this like an $0.5M car 🤦‍♂️. Sad, in my opinion.

Front wheel is in shade and gives an idea of what the car would be like on black wheels. It’s just horrible, I think. I see about 3 of these every day driving through LA area. The body and its stature look much nicer in lighter shades.

If a Rolls looks like this, what can be said about other cars? 🙂
IMG_1958.jpeg

Saw this fully equipped Defender, probably a $100k+ variant. Same feeling, as with Rolls. Grey Civic just pops in comparison:
IMG_2009.jpeg

IMG_2013.jpeg

What it looks like in a rear view side mirror: DRL leds saves the day, but only a little:
IMG_2014.jpeg

Here is another personal experience. I was unloading my family to go into the grocery store and, towards the end of the process, I noticed a — yeah — big, black, blob 😁😁😁. “Escalade or something” went through the back of my mind. Once done, I took a better look and was like “Esca [lade]”, but before my mind finished saying Esca-lade, I realized it’s a…. lag-lag-lag…. Rolls Royce! 😁

Front wheel is in shade and gives an idea of what the car would be like on black wheels. It’s just horrible, I think. I see about 3 of these every day driving through LA area. The body and its stature look much nicer in lighter shades.

View attachment 148810
My neighbors in the EU

9951917A-C4B0-4F6D-851B-AF88E8ADBF75.jpeg
774F53E0-AC1D-471A-924D-B7127A945743.jpeg

I've never owned a black car in my 34 years of driving and likely never will. Too hard to maintain.

Last edited:

View attachment 148810
In Houston

IMG_8660.jpeg

It isn’t my favorite and if I were to get black, I’d want it to be metallic not flat.

What does “So Scare” mean? 😂

Back