NAPA 5W-30 Full Synthetic, $20.99…

Really?
I can't even get them off without tearing them.
Be extremely difficult to glue back on and have it look factory.

But, lets say this did happen, to 1 in 1 million jugs.
I'll take my chances on the 999,999 to 1 odds I get that jug.
Worst case scenario, drain the oil again, and redo it.
You probably had barely poured in any before you noticed it was used. Or before pouring any, stick your finger in it, and see if your finger comes out covered in dirty old oil.
I've done a lot of oil changes, know many more who service their own cars and trucks, never seen it, or heard of it from my friends, so it has to be rare.
It’s not rare. I one time was getting ready to put fresh oil in vehicle,, opened jug and noticed the “new oil” smelled like fuel and poured some into a pitcher I use. It was very black. Enough thinking I didn’t witness this already. I have had it happen to me as has my brother and my stepdad with PYB in past.

6 months ago or so I decided I just didn’t want a couple Fram filters from Walmart that I had recently bought, so I returned them. The lady at the returned desk open both and looked at them. I don’t know if she was savvy enough to know what she was looking at, but it sounds like, perhaps Walmart is aware of this issue as well?

I greatly prefer to have my Walmart items of this nature shipped. If it comes directly from the warehouse, odds are awfully good it’s not been tampered with of course you always run the risk of it being damaged in shipping, but Walmarts happy to take just about anything back.

I don’t have a rural king so that’s not an option.

If you like Napa go for it.

Not being wise here but does any of your fleet require DEX 1 Gen3???

Mine doesn’t. My brothers 10’ GMC YUKON doesn’t either. Hmmm🤔🤔🤔🤔
Nope, none of them do. I would venture to guess someone reading this forum might need Gen 3 though(?) Just pointing out that buying from NAPA sometimes requires watching out for their website errors, and (possibly) they are selling something that is out of date...

Nope, none of them do. I would venture to guess someone reading this forum might need Gen 3 though(?) Just pointing out that buying from NAPA sometimes requires watching out for their website errors, and (possibly) they are selling something that is out of date...
I stopped at my Napa near my work yesterday. 5 quart jugs and quart bottles are DEX 1 Gen 3.

6 months ago or so I decided I just didn’t want a couple Fram filters from Walmart that I had recently bought, so I returned them. The lady at the returned desk open both and looked at them. I don’t know if she was savvy enough to know what she was looking at, but it sounds like, perhaps Walmart is aware of this issue as well?

I greatly prefer to have my Walmart items of this nature shipped. If it comes directly from the warehouse, odds are awfully good it’s not been tampered with of course you always run the risk of it being damaged in shipping, but Walmarts happy to take just about anything back.

I don’t have a rural king so that’s not an option.

If you like Napa go for it.

Until this thread, i had never heard of rural king 🙂

A couple weeks ago I needed a few quarts of transmission fluid to complete a siphon and fill for my 4L60E. Went to Walmart and noticed several of the plastic cap seals were broken. I had to go through about 6 quarts to find 2 where the seals weren’t broken. I didn’t take the caps all the way off, {being on camera and all that}, but I’m now a believer that a lot of oil bottle shenanigans/tampering might be going on at WM.

Back