My vitals at my doctor visit.

I'm rather happy with this.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_1505.jpeg
    IMG_1505.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 69
How many prescriptions does it take to get those numbers. Mine are similar, takes two heart meds to do it though!
No meds except Voltaren creme for arthritis in my right knee.
Those numbers are good, but age plays into it too.
I'm 67 but have been physically active most of my life. For 15 years I ran 15 to 20 miles per week, then I took up cycling in 1991. I used to ride anywhere from 150 to 300 miles per week. Twice I've ridden my bike across the North American continent at a 1,000 mile per week pace with an organization called PAC Tour (25 days WA to SC, then 23 days CA to SC - about 140 miles per day average). Hardcore stuff; but for me harder on my brain than my body. At times serious boredom set in. I try and ride about 125 miles a week now, just to keep myself on a fast simmer. At this stage of my life, about the only time I enjoy an uninterrupted "zen" is when I'm riding.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_5481.jpg
    IMG_5481.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Scott - Very impressive. I hope to be in half as good as shape when I'm your age. Google "Hotter-than-Hell 100". Annual 100 mile ride in August in Wichita Falls, TX. A couple of years ago people were dropping like flies. I had to dig down deep that year to finish the 100. It was hot! Yes, cycling especially for distance does give you time to think and enjoy the scenery.

Those are excellent numbers. Be proud! The road bike is a great way to get some good long term physical exercise and the mental escape is an added bonus. I love mountain bikes but started 5am 30-50 mile rides for the exercise and for mountain bike training. Nothing like your doing but 1500-2500 miles a year has been a good thing for me!

How does the biking work with your knee? I ask because I have a left knee (strong side) that is toasted. No cartridge left. I'm on gel shots to delay the future knee replacement. Little young at 47 for a knee replacement.

Keep going and you'll never get old. I started jogging 2 years ago and it was NOT a good idea. I was running 500-600 miles a year. Not a lot but too much for a guy with a bad knee and a Clyde. My Ortho lost it as he fells no one over 190 lbs should be running....I countered with...

"Nobody ever died from a bad knee; but a bad heart..." He then said I can find you a cardiologist that will agree but good luck finding an ortho to agree!

No meds except Voltaren creme for arthritis in my right knee.

I'm 67 but have been physically active most of my life. For 15 years I ran 15 to 20 miles per week, then I took up cycling in 1991. I used to ride anywhere from 150 to 300 miles per week. Twice I've ridden my bike across the North American continent at a 1,000 mile per week pace with an organization called PAC Tour (25 days WA to SC, then 23 days CA to SC - about 140 miles per day average). Hardcore stuff; but for me harder on my brain than my body. At times serious boredom set in. I try and ride about 125 miles a week now, just to keep myself on a fast simmer. At this stage of my life, about the only time I enjoy an uninterrupted "zen" is when I'm riding.

Scott
Very nice! Keep up the good work. Had you stated your age from the beginning my comment would have been "very nice!"

You look to be in great shape, working my way to better shape than before.
Thanks. Do it!
Scott - Very impressive. I hope to be in half as good as shape when I'm your age. Google "Hotter-than-Hell 100". Annual 100 mile ride in August in Wichita Falls, TX. A couple of years ago people were dropping like flies. I had to dig down deep that year to finish the 100. It was hot! Yes, cycling especially for distance does give you time to think and enjoy the scenery.
I am familiar with that ride. It has a reputation. When I did my cross country in 1996, I rode pretty much across the entire state of Texas on Hwy 380. We spent the night in Jacksboro on that segment. Not much there!
Those are excellent numbers. Be proud! The road bike is a great way to get some good long term physical exercise and the mental escape is an added bonus. I love mountain bikes but started 5am 30-50 mile rides for the exercise and for mountain bike training. Nothing like your doing but 1500-2500 miles a year has been a good thing for me!

How does the biking work with your knee? I ask because I have a left knee (strong side) that is toasted. No cartridge left. I'm on gel shots to delay the future knee replacement. Little young at 47 for a knee replacement.

Keep going and you'll never get old. I started jogging 2 years ago and it was NOT a good idea. I was running 500-600 miles a year. Not a lot but too much for a guy with a bad knee and a Clyde. My Ortho lost it as he fells no one over 190 lbs should be running....I countered with...

"Nobody ever died from a bad knee; but a bad heart..." He then said I can find you a cardiologist that will agree but good luck finding an ortho to agree!
Keep riding! Cycling only rarely worsens my arthritis, usually in winter when it's cold and higher humidity. Your ortho quote is amusing. I'm going to remember that.
Nice numbers.

Being retired and no stress also helps.
Agree, but retirement has its own unique stresses. Having a fantastic wife helps more than anything IMO.

Scott

Thanks. My biggest complaint is aches and pains, and an increasing lack of flexibility. And the skin on my hands and arms cuts like tissue paper! Haha.

Scott
I have the thin skin problem too. Doesn't take much for me to start leaking blood. Spent twenty minutes Sunday cleaning up blood from laundry to bedroom from a cut/bruise on my arm I wasn't aware of. Aging isn't fun, and that guy that coined the term "golden years" should be strung up.

Back