My son just bought an all electric Mustang Mach E GT

I simply stated my opinion that a Mustang again, in my opinion should have a V8, and a manual transmission. Thats all. 15.4 seconds.....oh yeah baby!

I'm very well aware that automatics are faster, and so are twin turbo V6 etc. And the Mach-e is supercar fast 0-60 and instant torque.

But at the end of the day, when I hear a V8 and I see a clutch pedal, I'm in love. I'm obviously a dinosaur.

I don't think EVs are "progress" or "the way forward", there are many other ways that are greener. But that's another story, for another website.
Wild how the first mustang was offered as an automatic v6 then, I guess. Would you roll up in a 5.0 and declare a v6 3speed 1964 1/2 at a carshow to "not be a mustang" ?

A Mach E GT 4x, even with the “ the throttling “ still beats a gasoline 2024 Mustang GT running at 100% in both 0 to 60 and the quarter mile. You would have to have the Dark Horse to beat it, and only in the quarter mile. It still wins the 0-60. The gas guys are say’n but but but. :D

By the way, the 10 speed auto blows away the 6 speed manual.

View attachment 213542View attachment 213543
All true, but it's going to be a bit depressing on a canyon run. I'd like to use that power after I turn the corner too on occasion. I'm definitely a fan of the spirited drive.

As for transmissions this crazy amount of gears gets ridiculous. I like my DSG 6 speed, but it still does certain things and selects certain gears when I'd prefer it not to in auto. I've driven some great autos and every single time I'd still rather a manual. There's something about how it doesn't have the ability to intervene when I hit the rev limiter. It only makes me as good or as bad a driver as I happen to be that day.

A Mach E GT 4x, even with the “ the throttling “ still beats a gasoline 2024 Mustang GT running at 100% in both 0 to 60 and the quarter mile. You would have to have the Dark Horse to beat it, and only in the quarter mile. It still wins the 0-60. The gas guys are say’n but but but. :D

By the way, the 10 speed auto blows away the 6 speed manual.

View attachment 213542View attachment 213543
Didn't I just say that?

Wild how the first mustang was offered as an automatic v6 then, I guess. Would you roll up in a 5.0 and declare a v6 3speed 1964 1/2 at a carshow to "not be a mustang" ?
It wasn't a V6.... the 1964 (often called a 1964½) mustang was avaliable with anything from a 170ci inline 6 the a HiPo 289ci V8.

Of course it would be a Mustang, however I just prefer a V8.

And I'm a FWD VW guy!

No Mustang has ever had 4 doors. Never. By definition it can no longer be a pony car.
Well, except in Australia , but they got the steering wheel wrong as well.

E2EF1236-846A-49C5-99CC-5055C409BB1F.jpeg

Yes, but the literal definition of a pony car is small, sporty, 2-Door. Thats been the definition forever. Mustang, Camaro, firebird, Cuda.

The falcon above would hence be a muscle car - not a pony car.
It doesn't have to be a pony car to wear the Mustang badge. Ford will do anything for a buck, including lighting its enthusiasts hair on fire with a name scheme.

To be honest I'm not really bothered by it. I'm amused though that they would somewhat water down their own history of the Mustang. They would have been fine even to call it an Edge and still use the Mustang style taillights. No one would be bothered by that naming and styling most likely. I still like what I saw posted when the car was announced. Some recommended calling it the Galax-E. It's a callback, clever enough, and doesn't have an active rabid fanbase of a car that spans 60 years of production.

Reactions: Ws6
Agree, someone in here mentioned "Mach-E" I think that would have been a cool name. The marketing could have been presented as Mustang inspired.
With that said, most in here are "old" and remember the classics... the young may not so much. I only say that because the name doesnt bother nephews of mine, one of which bought two of them (first one was returned under NY Lemon law) ;)
I think he also owns or has owned a Tesla but that could be the other nephew. I cant keep up with them.

Back