Bought my first commercial e-bike today

If they aren't following the rules and laws, yes jerks. 100% agree.

But if they are, then you are a hater, pure and simple. You carry some malice brother, and you really should let that go. You can't control other people.

I do know what you are saying. I was not going to buy an ebike. At 65 I can pedal my bike just fine, but my wife and I want to cover some distance without a huge sweat. We will always follow the rules, and the only time I wish to go over 20 MPH is on our rural streets/roads where it is actually dangerous in some narrow stretches, that need to be crossed rapidly to avoid occupying the road at the same time as wide trucks and farm equipment.

I bought an ebike, big deal. Some of you are bound way too tight.

I find an e-bike in this class allows you to go faster for longer, but it's not any less of a workout than a regular bike, if you want it to a workout. Also, try going faster than the governor and the added resistance in the drivetrain make it even harder.

It's a 250W bike motor afterall, if you don't do your part you're not going anywhere. I like them!

Sounds like a good aftermarket product idea
It’s been done on some controllers

Not practical or really possible on a mid mount

Needed would be a separate generator or possibly controlled front freewheel that drives motor in gen mode but not pedals yet still allows free pedaling back and pedaling forward without driving motor

Back