My Mobil 1 AP Experiment . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
None taken, and yes I agree with you about a garaged vehicle only taken out for a hot run. To be honest, I'm sure I could have taken the oil 3 years and 10,000 miles, but why push it.

But I'm thinking these M1 AP & EP oils should be good for 2 years in non-severe-service use for their intended miles (20K & 15K miles from memory). That doesn't mean you don't have to keep on top of others regular maintenance issues, like brakes and tyres, but they a separate issues.

I usually do a mileage or one year, whichever comes first, and do that at work too, that's the oil change policy we work on. The mine utes I service are on 6 months, they only do 2 or 3,000km sometimes, short runs and long idle. The oil might do more, but the rest of the vehicle won't. My bike gets once a year and close to mileage, weeks between rides, but ridden hard when it's out. My car is once a year, but only do 5,000km, short runs and longer runs at least every month. Got a new fancy brew on special, and it's going to be my forever oil....

Originally Posted By: Silk
Got a new fancy brew on special, and it's going to be my forever oil....

Tell us what it is...please

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Silk
Got a new fancy brew on special, and it's going to be my forever oil....

Tell us what it is...please

Starts with "H" ends with "PR"

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Originally Posted By: CrackyWainwright
All right, gentlemen. I bit the bullet and plunked down $40 at WM for a jug of Mobil 1 AP for my 2013 Tacoma 4.0L V6. It's time for this experiment. I've run Castrol Edge EP for the last 11 months (13,000 miles) and will send a sample off to Blackstone Labs for analysis when I drain it very soon. Will post results to see if the Toyota V6 accepts longer OCI very well.

Anyone else running the Mobil 1 AP now?

I've successfully run ST dino oil and a MC filter to 15k miles, with completely normal wear rates, no sludge present, and "severe" service factors, all for $12. Your plan really isn't setting any new standard or raising the bar. Get back to me when you take your OFCI out to 45k miles; then I might be impressed.

How many OCIs in a row with WMs dino did you do 15K. One, five, ten, fifteen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back