My first post! This site is incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been surfing around here for a little while. What an amazing site. I have learned so much by just reading a few posts. Wow.

I found the site by accident when I was searching for sythetic oil information. I currently use Amsoil and Mobil 1 depending on the application!

Anyways, thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge.

Well let me be the first one to say,

welcome.gif
to BITOG.

canada.gif

derek244, welcome to the website. I was like you. I discovered this website completely by accident when I was searching for something else. Compared to other websites that talk about car maintenance, motor oil, etc., this site is like the college graduate and the other sites are like the high school drop-outs.

Discovering this website may actually have saved me a considerable bit of money. I discovered Auto-RX at this website and it seemed to stop a seal leak on my car.

I don't know of any other place you can go on the internet and find comparable information about motor oil quality, oil supplements, oil filters, etc.

THANKS!!!

16 years in automotive service business. I really never knew about engine oil afterall. Dang.

Welcome to BITOG!!!
welcome.gif

I found this site while searching the web for Amsoil
smile.gif
. Spent a few months reading all the posts I could. Learned so much that it is crazy how much knowledge this site contains.

Happy reading! Nothing relaxing like sitting down at the computer after work and surfing past BITOG posts.

See you around,
cheers.gif

welcome to all that has posted. I'm glad to see you guys are using this site. I tried to educate people on oil and teach as much as posible. I'm sure there is more to learn but I have never seen any other site out there that can do more than what this site does imo.
bob

Quote:

16 years in automotive service business. I really never knew about engine oil afterall. Dang.

First off: WELECOME!

I agree with your statement 100%! I was behind the Ford/Lincoln-Mercury parts counter for years and new NOTHING about oil until I landed here.

cheers.gif

I swear, I feel welcome here. I hate forums that seem to have one goal; to challenge and take swings at eachother. There seems to be a good vibe here, you know?

Humble yourself and accept the fact there is always something new to learn. Hmmm. I wish I could ALWAYS do that.

It was 2003, I think and I was asking questions about synthetic oil on one of the mopar forums. Someone pointed me to BITOG and I've been hear every since. Great forum, great people. I don't think there is anything like it anywhere on the web.
thumbsup.gif
approved.gif
coffee.gif

Quote:

Quote:

First off: WELECOME!

I agree with your statement 100%! I was behind the Ford/Lincoln-Mercury parts counter for years and new NOTHING about oil until I landed here.

cheers.gif

Well it's no wonder you did not know anything, working at a Ford/Lincoln-Mercury Dealer with a name like ToyotaNSaturn.
grin.gif
grin.gif

derek244,
welcome.gif
your among friends here.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back