Racor 500 fuel filter

Hey everyone,

First of all, I would like to commend the community for the expertise and helpfulness that I have always found here. When I have doubts or need help realizing my strange ideas, I know I can count on you. There is an incredible concentration of knowledgeable and passionate people here, ready to share their knowledge.

I would like to share my experience with a diesel fuel filtering system that I had fun creating about a year ago.

Initially I used a rather slow pump and a CAV 296 filter.

However, I then decided to upgrade by replacing the pump with a faster one (150 liters/hour) and also the filter, since the CAV 296 had a maximum flow rate of only 100 liters/hour.

Currently, I am considering purchasing a Racor 500 filter, to which I would internally fit a 2 micron filter cartridge.

I would like to ask if anyone has experience with this filter. I noticed that the original one is quite expensive, while the Chinese equivalent is much more affordable (about 1/10 of the price).

Has anyone had experiences with the quality difference? What do you think?

I would like to say in my defense that even if I were to opt for the Chinese equivalent, I would still mount the original internal cartridge because I do not want to risk compromising the filtering quality.

Thank you, as always, for your support.

Is this an 'in vehicle' system you're tinkering with or are you treating fuel for small engines?
I use the system to take diesel from a tank and then fill up the car.

Why did I start? Because in my country for 6 months there were continuous works on the electricity grid and often there was no power. My dad strongly wanted to install a generator and a big diesel tank. Now the problems seem to have been solved and to avoid aging the diesel I use it on my car. I actually enjoy it and sometimes even refill it :ROFLMAO:

I use the system to take diesel from a tank and then fill up the car.

Why did I start? Because in my country for 6 months there were continuous works on the electricity grid and often there was no power. My dad strongly wanted to install a generator and a big diesel tank. Now the problems seem to have been solved and to avoid aging the diesel I use it on my car. I actually enjoy it and sometimes even refill it :ROFLMAO:
Not sure how pricing compares, but we have some small fuel processors as well if you wanted to look; the FH235 appears to be in the size range of what you want: https://cms.fleetguard.com/en_NA/li...folio-fleetguardr-fuel-processors/lt36579-new

Back