Movies that you like, but others don't.

One I watched the other day that's been out for awhile was, "The Departed". It's full of big stars. Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Martin Sheen, and Mark Wahlberg. Even that idiot Alec Baldwin managed to snag a role in it.

It has an excellent good guys / bad guys plot. The cops were infiltrated by a bad guy, (Matt Damon). While the mob has been infiltrated by a cop, (Leonardo Di Caprio). The whole thing builds to a climax where you wonder who lives, and who dies.
You know The Departed was written based on parts of the crazy , wild life of Whitey Bulger and the Boston Mob. It is a mish mash of parts of what the real story was but spread out and changed for Hollywood.

The seven veils
Beautiful / varda
Cleo from 5 to 7 / varda
Girl on the bridge
Story of 3 loves
The red shoes
Klute
New york stories
Day for night
Thief of hearts
Elevator to the gallows

Which version of The Professional? The 1981 version with Belmondo or the 1994 version, Leon: The Professional?
These two movies are not related in any way. Also, the 1994 movie's original title is simply 'Léon'.

Last edited:
Two pages and no has mentioned 'Blazing Saddles" yet! :eek:

My wife and I meet and got engaged and I had never met her parents. They came out the day before my wife and I married and we all went out that night and ate dinner and went to a movie. I don't know how we choose 'Blazing Saddles' but we did and her parents were mortified at some of the language and some of the scenes in it, but I was rolling in the floor with laughter! I don't know which bothered them more, the movie or the fact that I found it hilarious! OTOH I don't which I found funnier, the movie or her parents reaction to it; and/or to me! My fiance was sitting between her parents and I and was just trying to crawl under the seat upholstery and to disappear and pretend that none of it ever happened.

Last edited:
does anybody really like A Clockwork Orange ?
I never saw the X version

Not sure what they show if it's available streaming (is it??)

It's been ~45 years since I watched it. I do wonder what I would think now. Being I was 20 and invincible/stupid when I saw it, I don't remember being shocked, but also maybe missed some stuff in the odd lingo.

Movie 43

A buddy from work recommended it to me - hilarious!

I don’t understand how many dislike it?

Try “65”. SCi-FI with excellent dinosaur special effects. I saw it on Crave. Probably OK for your kids or grandkids. One of the characters is a 11 year old girl. Interesting space age weapons and gadgets.

One of my favorite modern films is Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The film rated highly for the most part, but it's not that I know people who hate it but most people near me haven't seen it...

Back