Motorcraft becoming Omnicraft???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

My biggest gripe is when service brings in something like a VW or Volvo for an oil change and the RO is written at 730AM and they give it to us at 430PM to get parts. Its like "you guys do realize that if you give me time I can get the parts cheaper instead of paying $9.49/qt for Mobil 0W40 from OReilly's right."

Oh yeah, I love used car freakouts. Lets sit on it until 5:00 Friday, and then want it NOW!!!

I was asked in complete sincerity these questions by a service writer at 5:10 PM last Friday regarding a late model GL450...
1. Do we have the oil filter in stock?
2. Can't we just use Dexos for the oil?

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

My biggest gripe is when service brings in something like a VW or Volvo for an oil change and the RO is written at 730AM and they give it to us at 430PM to get parts. Its like "you guys do realize that if you give me time I can get the parts cheaper instead of paying $9.49/qt for Mobil 0W40 from OReilly's right."

When I worked at the local Honda dealer, we had accounts with O'Reilly and Carquest to get parts for used cars. I've tried to get the parts manager to open an account with Worldpac to no avail. We even had Firestone drop off Primewell tires just for those, even though we could have gotten a Hankook/Kumho for the same price.

I was in a local Ford dealership that just specializes in trucks and fleet sales. Their parts department had about 4-5 selections of these Omnicraft oil filters and they were all just relabeled Purolators.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Seems like there was a car named Omni at one time. I think it might've been called the Omni Horizon.

Dodge Omni and its Plymouth cousin, the Horizon.

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
My dad's one and only MoPar in his whole life (so far) was a brand new 1978 Omni. You should have seen the steering column vibrate when it idled, it was comical. Poor little turd was worn out at 60k miles and got traded in on a 1982 Cutlass Supreme.

The 1978 had the VW engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back