Motor Kote (works)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can tell from the posts on this thread (since we're talking about bias), there are a lot of logical fallacies on both sides. Some like to believe that a product works because it's exciting to be a part of a significant find and there's not much to lose if you're wrong. Still more others are angry at the idea that something timeless, tried and tested like motor oil could be improved by what must seem to be a flash and gimmicky product, even if the evidence supports it. It challenges their conservative mindset and cherished values from the past with "change".

I think nobody can dispute that truth is provisional and that available facts constitute current knowledge of something. Simply put, look at what's in front of you and base your beliefs on that. If somebody puts motorkote in their car, their methods appear to be sound, and they record a change in performance, mileage, whatever, then so long as there's no deception going on that you can point to, take the facts at face value, nothing more. It's not always a binary choice. Somethings suck, other things rock, and some things kinda work or kinda make things worse. It's a continuum of performance. An honest scientist will not try to place something where he thinks it should be on that spectrum. He will let the data do that.

Take Project Farm for example. The guy does a lubricity test that shows Motorkote produces a smaller scar than 10w30. Why read into that and have a heated debate about whether Motorkote is a magic fluid or snake oil? Simply conclude, "Ah, now we know that it reduces the coefficient of friction between bearing metals far better than motor oil". That's 1 piece of info we may not have known before. When we discover another observational piece of evidence, we can add to the body of knowledge until we know quite a bit more about the product than when we were completely ignorant.

Last edited:
You're completely full of it, plain and simple. And an obvious troll.

Once you posted that the Project Farm videos have anything to do with an ICE you nailed it.

Originally Posted by rrrocketman
I think you guys had a previous member with a similar name? Must be a coincidence because I'm new here.

Sure you are.

Wow. Evidence please... of any of this BS you're throwing at me.

I pick a user name that happens to resemble some past bot or w/e and you think i'm the same guy. How am I supposed to defend that?How would YOU defend it?

What does referencing a project farm video do to discredit anything I said in my post and for that matter, what specific part of anything I've said do you take issue with?

Talk about compulsive labeling. You call me a troll with zero justification. Trolls by definition are instigators and attention seekers. I'm interested in discussing Motorkote and everything I've posted is directly applicable to that. I think you're trolling me if anything.

Last edited:
And what is "better oil" ?

That which differs between oil A and oil B must be qualified. If I take an additive and put it in oil A and end up with oil B, how is that any different?

What brand and grade of oil are you running right now in your vehicle?

Also what vehicle?

Last edited:
Grand Prix GT with the 3.8 Series II. Running conventional 10w30 in it. I couldn't tell you the brand because it's whatever my mechanic stocks in those big cisterns but it's the same oil every time.

Last edited:
And what is "better oil" ?

That which differs between oil A and oil B must be qualified. If I take an additive and put it in oil A and end up with oil B, how is that any different?

Because additive A may clash with oil A and end up nothing like oil B. (happens more often than not) Conflicting chemistry that spends more time fighting each other than doing their job. This is especially true when blending different types of defoamers such as polymethylsiloxanes and methyl acrylate polymers.

I'm sure that's quite a legitimate point. I just don't see an abundance of reports where Motorkote was found to react adversely with a given carrier oil and result in some mechanical failure or what have you. Perhaps these cases are under-reported due to shame but without testimony, I'm left to conclude (for now) that it does no harm.

Last edited:
I'm sure that's quite a legitimate point. I just don't see an abundance of reports where Motorkote was found to react adversely with a given carrier oil and result in some mechanical failure or what have you. Perhaps these cases are under-reported due to shame but without testimony, I'm left to conclude that it does no harm.

What do you think your oil is lacking that Motorkote is providing?

Not so much what I think, but I "accept" that Motorkote, when added to my oil, will result in less wear between bearing surfaces and the cumulative effect of that will be less energy dissipated in plastic deformation of metal parts: gears, piston rings and so forth. The results I've seen others produce, that claim lower frictional coefficients from the bearing tester and increased mileage from actual vehicles, concur with the hypothesis that Motorkote reduces the frictional coefficient of the carrier oil. There will of course still be viscous losses but surface to surface contact would be the target of this product.

Last edited:
You came here for confirmation as well as resurrecting a old thread. It won't work.

Go ahead and use that gunk. It makes you happy.

Bye. ⬛ï¸â¬›ï¸

That's hardly the attitude I'd expect from a mature adult. You think I have some ulterior motives but you'd be mistaken. My motives are simply to share some info and gain some other info to fill in the holes in my own knowlege and hopefully help the community in the process.

The entire purpose of a forum is to share ideas, have constructive debates and further education. This sub-forum is about additives and this particular thread, about Motorkote so, necromancy aside, I see no reason why you should have a problem with me wanting to discuss the potential benefits of Motorkote. That's why this thread has been viewed 150 thousand times.

If everybody is just going to plug their ears and go LALALALLALALALA whenever a person says that an additive does something that precious oil can't, then you might as well pack up shop, because from nothing, nothing comes, as the old adage puts it.

It does indeed but that's irrelevant to me. I see a mileage calculator in real time over the same stretch of highway showing a 9% gain in mileage, I don't invent ways to refute the evidence. Sometimes.... SOMETIMES, things ARE as good as they seem.

You say marketing works but I know something else that's stronger than marketing. Having a world view that you simply cannot divorce yourself from (motor oil is always better than some additive) and then fighting vigorously to defend it by distorting the truth, when the logical, unemotional response would be to modify your world view to fit the new information. Einstein spent a long time trying to make his physics model work based on an incorrect premise (that there was some sort of cosmological constant) but to no avail. Only when he discarded his most cherished beliefs, did the math work and later on he was humble enough to admit that.

Last edited:
Please start a new topic if subject is interesting to you.

Dredging up old topics is unhelpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back