Most discounted new trucks in the country

I see a lot of Mavericks being used around here for companies that used to have small trucks - exterminators, painters, etc. It makes sense for them - it fills there needs, is cheaper, gets better mileage.
+2

We're trying to go all-in for Mavericks for our employees. Unfortunately we can only get the trucks in one at a time (and months apart) because (I'm assuming) the dealers are only getting in fully loaded luxury versions and not the "work truck" versions we want to buy.

+2

We're trying to go all-in for Mavericks for our employees. Unfortunately we can only get the trucks in one at a time (and months apart) because (I'm assuming) the dealers are only getting in fully loaded luxury versions and not the "work truck" versions we want to buy.
Yeah the XL are the deals.
The dealership I bought mine has 4 locations and 68 listed in stock.
They are all 2L EB and high trims.
Not sure how I even got my hybrid..
Cable companies here use them.
White XL hybrids

That's true for Toyota also, and maybe others.

Just because you can "build" it online, doesn't mean Nissan will ever build one. So you might be able to build an S model with 17 inch wheels in red online, but Nissan has determined only 5 people on earth will ever want that combo so there not building any. You might have to up a trim, or take a bunch of options you didn't want to get the ones you do.

Also, all the orders are in months ahead. At this point they likely have all their orders in for 2024 model year, or very close. So when you come in looking for something specific they have to search through what is already scheduled, then figure out if its not on their list if some other dealer will trade. Also the average tenure of an auto salesman is about 90 days so they figure they likely won't be around to collect a commission by then so why bother doing the work.

This is why online sales will take over this industry eventually.
Might be true. But let's not forget it's the manufacturers that have raised prices $10,000.00 plus on pickup trucks in the last few years.

Might be true. But let's not forget it's the manufacturers that have raised prices $10,000.00 plus on pickup trucks in the last few years.
Whats a few? According to the BLS - inflation from Jan 2020 till now is 19.5%. So 40K x 1.195 = $47,800. Not really that far off?

I presume most people's issue is like me - there wages have not kept up.

the 20% deals are out there for the ram, before incentives. the $15k discount needs clarity, Whats build sheet msrp, is it before incentives, any dealer adds?

15k is to spark the conversation, but dealers do dealer things, so rather have the conversation at home via email.
The only way to see if those discounts are out there is to try and buy one. I have seen 10% on websites but not 20%. So the later is unknown unless someone posts a contract on here stating such.

Here she is. None of that newfangled hybrid stuff 😄
IMG_0235.jpg

that thing is clean for 18 years old. you must only drive it on Sundays to church.
I originally bought it for work but about the time I got it I transitioned into office only. So it has never seen heavy usage. 123K miles and only gets run to the dump twice a month and the occasional load of mulch.

There's a dealership near my office in OKC that regularly has Rams and Classic Rams discounted 25%+, or at least that's what their online pricing shows. If you're willing to buy lower demand models of the Ram (quad cab, 2WD, color, etc), apparently you can get pretty steep discounts. Still too much for me, however. An MSRP of $47k for a Tradesman, quad cab, 2WD truck is too much for my blood.

On top of that, that 2023 Ram 1500 classic warlock is a pentastar powered quad cab. $52K for that?
Add to that it is a 14 year old design (although still a good truck) with the R&D that was probably paid for ten years ago! They could take 10k off that MSRP and still make a hefty profit.
Trucks are the industry gravy train…..for now. These prices will eventually be the downfall of the market IMO.

Back