MOBIL DELVAC 15/40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed the mobil delvac 15/40 is a lighter color now?I have been using it for a year now,I purchase a gallon every 2 weeks. I noticed the color change 3 weeks ago.

I suspect the color change could be from a reformulation to meet the new CI-4 Plus rating that went into effect September 1, 2004....

quote:

Originally posted by deepsquat:
A gallon every 2 weeks? Do you own big rig ?

Don't you use those words with me! LOL

I drove over the road for 12 yrs and local for 3 I gave it up 2 yrs ago.

I use the delvac on the tranny side of my bike.

quote:

Originally posted by wwillson:
I suspect the color change could be from a reformulation to meet the new CI-4 Plus rating that went into effect September 1, 2004....

AH HA! thanks

I would agree, The Delvac MX which is a CI-4 rated oil is much lighter in color than the previous Super I would get. Mobil in India has stopped selling Delvac Super and only sells the MX version here. I guess they have stopped adding moly.

Hi Keith,

I followed your oil studies on your KXs. What have you settled on for the 2 strokes. You haven't moved to the dreaded 4 strokes,I hope. How do the HDEOs work in the gearboxes. I would have thought they might be too thick for the clutches. The gears like the zddp though. I have tried the other direction with atf-f for thinness. So far so good. What you riding in 05?

Dale

quote:

Originally posted by djroil:
Hi Keith,

I followed your oil studies on your KXs. What have you settled on for the 2 strokes. You haven't moved to the dreaded 4 strokes,I hope. How do the HDEOs work in the gearboxes. I would have thought they might be too thick for the clutches. The gears like the zddp though. I have tried the other direction with atf-f for thinness. So far so good. What you riding in 05?

Dale

Dale I still am on my 03 KX250 ,I use to get a bike every 2 years,but I have so much time into my motor and suspension my KX AMD ME ARE ONE. I am hanging on to 2 strokes,I will get a new one in 06 .I will always be on a 2 stroke .Here is a thread that I replied to about the delvac.

I have been running the delvac 1300S the last 8 month's in my tranny side 03 KX250 changing every 2 rides,heavy sand riding mx only. I split the cases, motor was do for a crank,the tranny was really clean and I do mean clean.Oil was sticking everywhere nice honey color. The shift forks had no shine marks whatsoever,the crosshatch marks on the shift forks looked new,infact if I had new shift forks and put them next to mine,you could not tell the difference.The dogs looked beautiful.The steel plates had some bluing on them,(sand riding)but the steel and fibers measured well within spec.The clutch basket did have some slight notching (normal),center hub no notching.Remind you this is the original basket and plates I am talking about, and I am not a weekend warrior. 5.88 A GALLON I will put this oil against most motorcycle specific oil's and it is 1/4 the price.

[ September 14, 2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: KX 455 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back