Mobil 1 FS 0W40, 20266 km, 439316 km, Honda Civic 1.8 R18A2

Here is my new analysis from my 2008 Honda Civic. I am the flrst owner of this car. This car is Driven only by mobil 1 0W40.

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpeg
    IMG_0373.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 241
Eisen ( FE ) is Iron
Chrom ( CR ) is Chromium
Zinn ( SN ) is
Kupfer ( CU ) is Copper
Aluminium ( Al ) is Aluminium

This engine is absolutely the golden age of Honda. No problems. The first timing chain and no problems with engine and gearbox.
The fact that someone has to say "first timing chain" for a honda product is wild. I don't think I ever had timing chain issues on any of my motors (b16, K20, k24) only a pain to chain the J30/j35 timing belts.

I think you would greatly enjoy the K20C if you ever got the chance to swap it. Probably honda's best, other than the J35 in my opinion. But the old R and B series are very fun.

You Must Look at the mileage. The K20z Engines have Problems With timing Chaos, mostly before 200000 kilometres.
The R18a Engines are good Engines, but the Change from timing chain is not so rare, if the kilometres over 250-300000 kilometres.

Here is my new analysis from my 2008 Honda Civic. I am the flrst owner of this car. This car is Driven only by mobil 1 0W40.
What prompted you to double the oil change interval? Last 3 oil changes were all ~10k km then suddenly you go 20k. Did you see something in the data that gave you confidence, did you just not get an opportunity to change the oil sooner, or perhaps you were just curious? It's a great looking report. ~1.6ppm per 1000 miles of total metals is amazing.

Why should you waste resources when long intervals are not harmful? For 1000 kilometres, I even had lower wear values after 20k km than after 10k kilometres.
Okay. I agree, it was just a big jump after 3 consecutive runs of 10k km. Most people increase OCI in smaller increments. Not that you did anything wrong, as obviously it worked well for you. :)

Back