Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30, 2763mi '22 Subaru Crosstrek

Still fuel diluting like crazy and other than the aluminum spike and slight lead increase, I'd say this oil is doing its job.🤙 Weird thing is that this OCI we had more highway trips than normal and fuel dilution went up.🤷‍♂️ We did have a bad cold snap where temps were WAY below normal for a week or so. OAI is saying change at half this interval but I'm going to stick with the plan of around 3,000mi OCIs. Filter info is wrong. I ran an Amsoil 20mic filter not a 35 mic wire mesh filter. I used the K&P wire mesh filter the time before this OCI. Thoughts on this one? "Particle spike" with the aluminum? Viscosity stayed in spec with all this fuel so I'm sticking with the ESP. Very happy with it.

IMG_3131.jpeg

Still fuel diluting like crazy and other than the aluminum spike and slight lead increase, I'd say this oil is doing its job.🤙 Weird thing is that this OCI we had more highway trips than normal and fuel dilution went up.🤷‍♂️ We did have a bad cold snap where temps were WAY below normal for a week or so. OAI is saying change at half this interval but I'm going to stick with the plan of around 3,000mi OCIs. Filter info is wrong. I ran an Amsoil 20mic filter not a 35 mic wire mesh filter. I used the K&P wire mesh filter the time before this OCI. Thoughts on this one? "Particle spike" with the aluminum? Viscosity stayed in spec with all this fuel so I'm sticking with the ESP. Very happy with it.

View attachment 199961
Aluminum just a break in fluke. Try a 3000 oci.

Is this the first use of this grade of oil. Can't really say much since this is one Al spike. Fuel may not rise with more mileage and you can always test that.

Is this the first use of this grade of oil. Can't really say much since this is one Al spike. Fuel may not rise with more mileage and you can always test that.
No you can see on the report that shows previous data that in July 2023 I switched to this ESP 0W-30 and have been running it ever since. Viscosity went up in July when I switched from 0W-20 to 0W-30.

Weird thing is that this OCI we had more highway trips than normal and fuel dilution went up.🤷‍♂️ We did have a bad cold snap where temps were WAY below normal for a week or so.
From the Subaru uoa's that I've seen there doesn't seem to be much of a difference with fuel for people that mention highway mileage. I do believe that fuel dilution is higher in the winter which is why I've decided to stick with 5W-30 year round.

Do you know what your oil temps were? Sometimes even with highway driving the oil may not get hot enough to burn off some of the fuel.

No you can see on the report that shows previous data that in July 2023 I switched to this ESP 0W-30 and have been running it ever since. Viscosity went up in July when I switched from 0W-20 to 0W-30.
Thanks, it may vary from engine to engine but I've experienced a fuel "plateau" where the fuel reached a certain point and only slightly increased after that. My truck was like 2.3% fuel at 6k miles and then just 2.8% at 9.5k miles. But I think you still have the right idea if you don't want to risk testing. Still a good report overall.

From the Subaru uoa's that I've seen there doesn't seem to be much of a difference with fuel for people that mention highway mileage. I do believe that fuel dilution is higher in the winter which is why I've decided to stick with 5W-30 year round.

Do you know what your oil temps were? Sometimes even with highway driving the oil may not get hot enough to burn off some of the fuel.
I think you're right about Hwy miles not making a difference in fuel dilution with these engines. I had another oil report a while back that had a lot more Hwy miles than the previous sample and fuel dilution went up!
Not sure on oil temps. Don't have a gauge.

Last edited:
Back