Mixing Techron with Seafoam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on a S10 truck with throttle body fuel injection system.
The problem I have is that the injectors drip gas and not spray it, and the truck will not start. The truck has sat for about 1 year without being started.
I drained most of the old gas and put new gas in it.
I currently have about 12 gallons of gas in the tank, and I already poured one bottle of Seafoam in it.
I would like to add a bottle of Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus, 10 oz, but I don't know if there could be any harmful interaction between it and the Seafoam.
Any advice? Any chemists on here? Thanks.

Last edited:
How do you know the injectors are dripping and not spraying is the problem? Have you checked fuel pressure? Do you have a crank position
sensor signal?

Last edited:
I aim to check the fuel pressure shortly. It may well be the problem, but I figure, if there is no harm in it the fuel system could use a good cleaning anyway. Or is it too much cleaning power all at once and might damage something?
Could a dirty fuel pressure regulator cause low pressure?
As for the signal, I did check the PCM pulse to the injectors, and it had it. I also was able to actuate the injectors using a battery.

Last edited:
That is what I will do if I have to. I am trying to get out of paying $40 for a gasket set.

$40 for a gasket set?

A couple more cans of cleaner and you'll be at the same price point. Better to just fix it right the first time instead of putzing around.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
$40 for a gasket set?

A couple more cans of cleaner and you'll be at the same price point. Better to just fix it right the first time instead of putzing around.

Agree...worst case just try 1 bottle techron if you have it. Dont waste money on seafoam.

Originally Posted By: StaleFuel
So, it's ok to add a bottle of Techron to the Seafoam I have in it now?

You can add it, but I'd skip that remove the injectors and have them properly cleaned as others already stated.

Techron and Seafoam are not useful with varnish left inside the injectors by stale old fuel, Berrymans Chemtool is best for this. You don't clean these injectors you just replace them they are so cheap. New SMP non T series is about $50ea and you have only two of them.

Originally Posted By: StaleFuel
So, it's ok to add a bottle of Techron to the Seafoam I have in it now?

Here is what Sea Foam says on their website.

http://seafoamsales.com/faq-ask-jim/#1635ef657baeabcc6

"What happens if Sea Foam is combined with another fuel treatment?"

"NO WORRIES.

Customers have two main concerns about mixing Sea Foam with fuel additives or stabilizer products:

1. Is it Safe to mix?
2. Will a mixture Harm my engine?

Sea Foam engine products are blends of highly-refined ingredients derived from organic petroleum, so each shares the same hydrocarbon nature as gasoline fuel, diesel fuel, motor oil and other petroleum engine fluids. Most other additive products can be detergent/chemical-based, phenol-based, or alcohols.

Because Sea Foam engine products share the same hydrocarbon nature as petroleum fuels and fluids, Sea Foam products won’t react to a chemical, detergent, or alcohol additive.

Note: We do not promote intentional mixing of Sea Foam with other fuel and engine additives."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back