Milesyn Synthetic Oil. Anyone heard of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all of us can use 5 gallon buckets. I can't line up 3 or 4 cars to do all the oil changes at the same time. I don't want to open a bucket, use 6 quarts, then save the oil until it's all used. I would also have to buy one of those 5 gallon bucket size pumps. I typically buy quart bottles. I don't even buy the 5 quart jugs.

miles 0W20.jpg

miles pricing.jpg

I bought a case of 5w30 semi syn. qts for less than $15 shipped about 2 years ago. I mostly use it for the yearly 1500/2000 mile oil changes on my wifes 91 year old grand mother's grand marquis.
I'd gladly buy another at that price.

Last edited:
4 months later. I just did an oil change. Poured that MileSyn into 2 cars. Now, I'll just see how it goes. If either of those cars blow up, suffer catastrophic engine failure, or get a flat tire - because of the low price point oil - I'll keep everyone posted.

Now back to drinking the Kool Aid.

Last edited:
... A very old thread but what the heck!

I buy one or two pails of Milesyn a year for the last 5 years or more. It is certified/licensed oil and functions perfectly in all my 5 cars. One of my cars has the last 100k of it's total 175k miles using that oil.

Do a search in the UOA threads as I've posted mine there and I'll have 3 more to post as soon as Blackstone sends the results.

Ray

Originally Posted by RayCJ

I buy one or two pails of Milesyn a year for the last 5 years or more. It is certified/licensed oil and functions perfectly in all my 5 cars. One of my cars has the last 100k of it's total 175k miles using that oil.

Do a search in the UOA threads as I've posted mine there and I'll have 3 more to post as soon as Blackstone sends the results.

Ray

Ray, I saw one of your UOAs (son's Matrix) but could not find any others. Have you done any further research?

No UOA's, but have used 15 gallons of the stuff in 5W-20 and -30 in everything in my sig. Just now finishing up the last bucket of 5W-30 and swapped over to Havoline Boxes purely on price, the 5 gallon pails have crept up in pricing over the last year. I've got nothing negative to report, has worked just fine.

Originally Posted by JLTD

Ray

Ray, I saw one of your UOAs (son's Matrix) but could not find any others. Have you done any further research?

Sorry to say, I have no detailed information to report about Milesyn other than I use about 10 gallons a year and have used it for a long time.

I've used their 5-20 in my wife's Mazda 6, 2.3L exclusively since (about) 2008. We bought it new in 2007, it has 120k miles and it runs perfectly with no engine problems.

I use their 0-20 in my new 2011 Tacoma 4cyl. 65k miles and runs like a champ.

The 5-30 has been going in my son's Matrix for the last 100k miles or so. Engine runs like new and that boy of mine puts on a lot of miles. His last oil went about 8k miles and only needed 3/4qt make-up oil. I just sent the sample to Blackstone.

My 2018 Mazda 3 got the factory oil changed at 3k miles and filled with Milesyn 0-20. That oil now has 5k miles and I'll probably change it within a week or so and I'll send it for UOA. The Mazda 6 is due real soon too and that too will get a UOA.

I just changed the oil in the 2007 Sienna with 5-30. Been using Milesyn in that for the last several years, it's got 165k miles.

There's about 400k miles with this oil across all these vehicles. Not a single engine problem. The lobes I can see looking down into the oil fill hole are shiny and there's minimal varnish. All OCIs (except my son) are 5k-6k miles with good filters equal or equivalent to Fram TG or UG.

Not much to say other than the price of Milesyn has gone up in the last year. In the past, I've used both the full-syn and the syn-blend. Within a grade, I've sometimes mixed those two. The oil always goes in looking like honey and comes out dark amber/brown and stains a white paper towel to a normal brown color with no sign of black stains.

I'll be posting some UOAs in the upcoming weeks...

Ray

I used the synblend not the full synthetic and had no issues. I bought 2 cases of it from amazon for 12 bucks a case 2 years ago and its been unavailable since. I still see the full syn on there.

I think you can get milesyn through walmart

Correction you can get the full and synthetic blend at amazon and walmart in pails but not cases

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Fifty150
I just took a bite at the apple. 0W-20 Full Synthetic.

Finally did an oil change last week. 1 week. Van & truck both filled. Neither has blown up. I will update if engines seize, or suffer catastrophic failure from this oil.

I just took a bite at the apple. 0W-20 Full Synthetic.

Finally did an oil change last week. 1 week. Van & truck both filled. Neither has blown up. I will update if engines seize, or suffer catastrophic failure from this oil.

Very soon, I'm expecting UOA results from my son's 2007 Matrix, 1.8L. Soon thereafter will be results from my 2018 Mazda3, 2.5L and a 2007 Mazda6, 2.3L.

Do you plan to do UOAs on your oil when the time comes?

Ray

Do you plan to do UOAs on your oil when the time comes?

Ray

You're kidding me with this, right, Ray? I am not spending more on Used Oil Analysis than I spent on the oil. The oil will be in the car for 1 oil change interval. Van has oil life monitor, and I will change the oil when the light turns on. Truck is old, and the owners manual says 5,000 miles. I will change it in 5,000 miles, or 1 year, whichever comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back