Mile rating for SO-1008 K&N OIL FILTER

I don’t see anything on their site.

Amazon post claims this filter is good for 20k miles.

I was starting to consider leaving on and just draining the oil, for one OCI.

5k mile OCI
134k on the clock
2012 Altima 2.5

I don’t see anything on their site.

Amazon post claims this filter is good for 20k miles.

I was starting to consider leaving on and just draining the oil, for one OCI.

5k mile OCI
134k on the clock
2012 Altima 2.5
s-l1600 (4).jpg

What I've seen, K&N Select appear to be Super Tech MP series OF by another name. Same efficiency rating with same 20k mi max rating. Personally, would be no more than 10k mile filter for me. If I was interested in the K&N Select, I'd just buy the Super Tech MP series, making sure (blue/orange) silicone adbv used, and save the difference in price.

What I've seen, K&N Select appear to be Super Tech MP series OF by another name. Same efficiency rating with same 20k mi max rating. Personally, would be no more than 10k mile filter for me. If I was interested in the K&N Select, I'd just buy the Super Tech MP series, making sure (blue/orange) silicone adbv used, and save the difference in price.

Yep.

Generally, the higher the mileage rating the better materials & or construction. But I understand your point.
Except for an example like the two models of the SuperTech filters, which both seem to have the same media efficiency. Only difference is one has a nitrile ADBV and the higher rated mileage one has a silicone ADBV.

Except for an example like the two models of the SuperTech filters, which both seem to have the same media efficiency. Only difference is one has a nitrile ADBV and the higher rated mileage one has a silicone ADBV.
Hence my "Generally" comment.

Back