microGreen MG101-7 10,200 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Pretty much any filter out there gives better filtering efficiency than the XP/Platinum.
smile.gif

I run a FU for around 12k miles. ~12ppm iron, all wear metals below universal averages @ 6.4k, 0.2% insolubles.
I run the Napa Platinum around 12k miles, ~11-12ppm iron, all wear metals below universal averages, 0.2% insolubles.
I run the Microgreen just under 14k miles, 13 ppm iron, wear metals all 1ppm lower than previous filters, 0.1% insolubles.

Too bad you did not change it at their 10,000 mile maximum recommendation instead of going almost 4,000 mile beyond. On a per mile basis,the MG comes out ahead although I agree,we are splitting hairs here.Also,Blackstone is a joke. Do they not sponsor this site?

Toptier, I'm not quite sure I get where your sarcasm is directed; if you were arguing for or against MicroGreen. Blackstone may be off, but as long as they are off the same all the time, even that data has some relevance. Just for S&G, I may pull two samples on my next UOA and send one to Blackstone and one to...? Polaris? WearCheck? ....?

The point was, there certainly are applications where oil filter efficiency makes a difference (I am sure particle counts may well show the differences Zee is talking about), but since we're talking about car engines and not military fighter jet turbines, I'm going to gamble on the idea that as long as wear metals are trending similarly between different filters, there will be no appreciable difference in the results or the engine's lifetime due to my filter choices. Now, a dirty diesel that is used for heavy farm equipment, yes, I would agree a more efficient filter should likely be used... but for a low-load, lightweight, gasoline engine that receives proper care and feeding, it's not a make-or-break thing, it's a feelgood thing.

I guess to test the theory I should throw an OCOD on my car and see if it still generates the same wear rates!
31.gif

I guess to test the theory I should throw an OCOD on my car and see if it still generates the same wear rates!
31.gif

A Fram orange can is still pretty efficient, much more than an XP on paper anyway.

Toptier, I'm not quite sure I get where your sarcasm is directed; if you were arguing for or against MicroGreen. Blackstone may be off, but as long as they are off the same all the time, even that data has some relevance. Just for S&G, I may pull two samples on my next UOA and send one to Blackstone and one to...? Polaris? WearCheck? .

I meant no sarcasm at all.I sincerely wish you changed and tested the Microgreen filter at 10,000 miles which is their recommendation.Even going almost 4,000 miles over,the oil showed less iron.Would have been nice to see all the wear metals with the Microgreen at that point,thats all I meant.

Blackstone has proven itself to be all over the place with their fuel dilution numbers. With much of todays engines being Direct Injected where fuel dilution is common,Polaris and their GC method for testing for fuel is the much more reliable way to go.I have seen reports where the same sample of oil showed less than 1% fuel dilution with [censored] and more than 5% with Polaris. Polaris is $10 less expensive and you get a TBN report where [censored] charges you $10 for it.

Originally Posted By: Toptierpao
Toptier, I'm not quite sure I get where your sarcasm is directed; if you were arguing for or against MicroGreen. Blackstone may be off, but as long as they are off the same all the time, even that data has some relevance. Just for S&G, I may pull two samples on my next UOA and send one to Blackstone and one to...? Polaris? WearCheck? .

I meant no sarcasm at all.I sincerely wish you changed and tested the Microgreen filter at 10,000 miles which is their recommendation.Even going almost 4,000 miles over,the oil showed less iron.Would have been nice to see all the wear metals with the Microgreen at that point,thats all I meant.

Blackstone has proven itself to be all over the place with their fuel dilution numbers. With much of todays engines being Direct Injected where fuel dilution is common,Polaris and their GC method for testing for fuel is the much more reliable way to go.I have seen reports where the same sample of oil showed less than 1% fuel dilution with [censored] and more than 5% with Polaris. Polaris is $10 less expensive and you get a TBN report where [censored] charges you $10 for it.

I haven't heard of Polaris before what is the easiest way to get their test kit? I found them thanks.

Last edited:
[/quote]

I haven't heard of Polaris before what is the easiest way to get their test kit? I found them thanks.

[/quote]

Glad you found them.I started using them about two years ago.Very professional group.If you ever use them,you can view all of your samples via Horizon which is nice.

https://polarislabs.com/horizon/

By the way,the forum sensored some of my words in my previous post.I was not cursing.I was using the letters B S instead of Blackstone....:-(

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Toptierpao
By the way,the forum sensored some of my words in my previous post.I was not cursing.I was using the letters B S instead of Blackstone....:-(

That's why some people use BLST for Blackstone.

The curse sensor is overboard in some cases.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: kschachn
The Ultra is a good choice, yet the MicroGreen probably gets more stuff out.

How would you know that?
I'm a Mechanical Engineer and I can clearly see the parallel flow path. That is fundamentally sound. Period.

So you like the Micro Green?

I wonder what Happend? I remember years ago when they more $$ .. It seems the price has come down alot.

Are they no longer made in USA or what happened???

Does anyone remember when they used to be I think 20$

Originally Posted By: David1
Originally Posted By: kschachn
The Ultra is a good choice, yet the MicroGreen probably gets more stuff out.

How would you know that?
I'm a Mechanical Engineer and I can clearly see the parallel flow path. That is fundamentally sound. Period.

So you like the Micro Green?

I wonder what Happend? I remember years ago when they more $$ .. It seems the price has come down alot.

Are they no longer made in USA or what happened???

Does anyone remember when they used to be I think 20$

We can thank competition as consumers its a wonderful tool. Its what makes life affordable and quality improve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back