MicroGard Select MS10255 cut open. 5k

Another MicroGard Select. I like these filters. The build quality is great. Everyone I have opened has been glued well, nothing bad to report. This was a pretty boring cut. Couldn't find anything good in the can or in the filter material. I guess that is a good thing.
PXL_20230907_133258298.jpg
PXL_20230907_133304032.jpg
PXL_20230907_133320314.jpg
PXL_20230907_133323203.jpg
PXL_20230907_134841473.jpg

I just looked this up, and I guess this isn't the correct filter. The correct one should be MSL57045. If I cross to Wix, they difference is showing bypass psi of 12-15 on the MSL57045 and 22 on the MSL10255. Should I be concerned?

I just looked this up, and I guess this isn't the correct filter. The correct one should be MSL57045. If I cross to Wix, they difference is showing bypass psi of 12-15 on the MSL57045 and 22 on the MSL10255. Should I be concerned?
In short No b/c the filter media is designed with the bypass in mind. Also the loading capacity.

Run it!

@Johnny248 thanks for posting this! Once again, boring (like you said) but that's awesome that they have a good control on quality! So it can be boring! No wonder many other retailers are having PG make their filters!

Let's just keep praying that Mann-Hummel doesn't buy them out!! NOOOOOO!!! 😳

@Johnny248 thanks for posting this! Once again, boring (like you said) but that's awesome that they have a good control on quality! So it can be boring! No wonder many other retailers are having PG make their filters!

Let's just keep praying that Mann-Hummel doesn't buy them out!! NOOOOOO!!! 😳
They are $6 and as I've said before, the M1 filters that cost twice as much have such poor build quality. Black glue everywhere. The last 212A that I cut open, I literally pulled the bottom end cap off without even fighting it. Disappointing for sure. Unless something changes, these are now my filter of choice.

They are $6 and as I've said before, the M1 filters that cost twice as much have such poor build quality. Black glue everywhere. The last 212A that I cut open, I literally pulled the bottom end cap off without even fighting it. Disappointing for sure. Unless something changes, these are now my filter of choice.
Where are the 10255 select for $6?

Must be with an oil change combo deal, otherwise they are $10.99 here. If just buying a filter alone, the Carquest Premium at AAP is the same thing but is 4 dollars less.

The Carquest one is priced right.. This O'reilly Premium Guard Microgard is just too much IMO.. .. nice $4 tip for Bob O'reilly :geek:

Mobil filters are pigs I was not happy with their build quality

Back