Michelin CrossClimate2 Tires

I mean, yes, of course its fine, Im just pointing out that his latest test linked above uses a EU spec tire
So, he imported EU tire to test against offerings on the US market, in the US testing center. Totally makes sense.
I think he just did it so it can create a conspiracy against you.
Get real.

He did not do anything. The designation in parenthesis is how tires are labeled in the EU. The same is true for X-Ice. X-Ice has the same compound for all markets.
He used an EU compound and treaded CC2 in this latest test which I linked a few posts back, was what I meant. Why? I don't know. Ask him.

Of course. Thats how you know its true, am I right? Tested. In a lab.
Actually they do a lot of highway road testing.....https://www.consumerreports.org/video/view/cars/auto-test-track/4494390246001/1000-miles-a-day-consumer-reports-tire-testing/

Have you been to their vehicle testing facility in CT? Know anyone that works for them?

StreetSurvival.org through I think one of the BMW sports car clubs and Tire Rack use their facility to help teach new drivers. I took my son and his then girlfriend to CT for the class. I have video links on other threads. My daughters class there was cancelled due to Covid at the time. She took in it NJ.

Last edited:
Actually they do a lot of highway road testing.....https://www.consumerreports.org/video/view/cars/auto-test-track/4494390246001/1000-miles-a-day-consumer-reports-tire-testing/

Have you been to their vehicle testing facility in CT? Know anyone that works for them?

StreetSurvival.org through I think one of the BMW sports car clubs and Tire Rack use their facility to help teach new drivers. I took my son and his then girlfriend to CT for the class. I have video links on other threads. My daughters class there was cancelled due to Covid at the time. She took in it NJ.
I have not been, but do know that it's an excellent facility by all accounts. I believe the wear testing is done by machine, though.

I don't care where it was done. He tested the EU tire. I have the American tire. Different tread depth. Different compound. Surprise...different results. You over here talking about how my test isnt sciencey enough for you, when your "expert" is testing an entirely different tire and you're trying to correlate our results is just wild, btw.

To clarify, this is the test Im referring to:

That is NOT the test that @Kantaro posted and that is consistent with Tire Rack results. You are so worked up that you tires are not as good as PS4AS that you can’t see what people are posting 😂

He used an EU compound and treaded CC2 in this latest test which I linked a few posts back, was what I meant. Why? I don't know. Ask him.
His test of 4 tires is the one that is consistent with Tire Rack is NOT the one you referring to!!!
Go back and check.

Last edited:
I have not been, but do know that it's an excellent facility by all accounts. I believe the wear testing is done by machine, though.
Did you watch the video?

They do lab testing things and actual highway drives. Vehicles weighted so same weight on each corner accounting for driver.

Reactions: Ws6
That is NOT the test that @Kantaro posted and that is consistent with Tire Rack results. You are so worked up that you tires are not as good as PS4AS that you can’t see what people are posting 😂
No, I was responding to the video when you decided to do that little thing you do where you chase me around the forums to bicker. As far as "not as good as", did you forget? I owned both on the same car and directly compared my experiences with them. I'll take that over a video. The CC2's aren't as crisp handling and don't stop as well in the dry, but wet accel/decel is better, and the treadwear is significantly better. I don't need to log onto weather channel to see what is going on in my yard, I look outside my window, so to speak.
1710715104106.jpg

No, I was responding to the video when you decided to do that little thing you do where you chase me around the forums to bicker. As far as "not as good as", did you forget? I owned both on the same car and directly compared my experiences with them. I'll take that over a video. The CC2's aren't as crisp handling and don't stop as well in the dry, but wet accel/decel is better, and the treadwear is significantly better. I don't need to log onto weather channel to see what is going on in my yard, I look outside my window, so to speak.
View attachment 209006
I am not chasing you. I am providing factual information to those who are interested in these tires. You could be just a 400lbs dude behind the screen who does not even own a vehicle as far as we know.

Shame the europeans get low tread depth.
They get more focused on dry and wet handling. CC2 in Europe, considering mandatory snow tires on many markets and the fact that drivers are educated on differences between various tire categories, needs to address markets where it is very wet and cold but not cold enough to turn into snow.

I am not chasing you. I am providing factual information to those who are interested in these tires. You could be just a 400lbs dude behind the screen who does not even own a vehicle as far as we know.
I am providing real world experiences. They may or may not align with lab data in all vehicles. There is a reason experience is so valuable even after all the book learning occurs.

Since you bring up weight, Im 232# last time I weighed in, rofl! Currently on a cut down to 210-215.

They get more focused on dry and wet handling. CC2 in Europe, considering mandatory snow tires on many markets and the fact that drivers are educated on differences between various tire categories, needs to address markets where it is very wet and cold but not cold enough to turn into snow.
I suspect the significantly lower rolling resistance of the EU tire is a big reason for the lesser tread depth.

I am providing real world experiences. They may or may not align with lab data in all vehicles. There is a reason experience is so valuable even after all the book learning occurs.

Since you bring up weight, Im 232# last time I weighed in, rofl! Currently on a cut down to 210-215.
That is called opinion! And that is fine. To measure difference in actual performance one needs controlled environment. Difference in wet braking between two leaves very little for fluke, especially being confirmed by various companies.

That is called opinion! And that is fine. To measure difference in actual performance one needs controlled environment. Difference in wet braking between two leaves very little for fluke, especially being confirmed by various companies.
I don't know why my results do not align, but acceleration has been extremely consistent for both tires across broad temp and charge parameters on the same road section dry and wet. The braking a bit less so, but usually within 2-4ft. There is no way there is a near 30ft error or discrepancy related to environmentals in this case, based on all the tests I've done.

Back