Mevotech control are , 2 bad in a row! fYI

Well, I have two supreme line hubs that I just installed. I sure hope I don't have to do it again, or at least anytime soon.

You need to get your head out of the sandbox and realize that just because a company supplies parts to OEMs, doesn’t mean they sell the same quality parts to the aftermarket.
Someone on the Lexus forum used his own money to prove your point and satisfy his own curiosity.

He purchased an OE Ls430 radiator made by Denso, north of $400 list. Think he got it low $300s.

Then he purchased a Denso from rock for about $120.

He posted pics showing the two are not the same.

If I recall the point was just because a Lexus dealer installed a Denso, doesn’t mean it’s OE. There was some dealer in FLA who offered lifetime warranty on service, and another guy had 3 radiators replaced for free. Many suspected this many failures cannot be with OE, rather they were aftermarket.

I've heard that Mevotech quality has dropped although I haven't used them lately.

I still hear great things about the TTX line though, made by Mevotech if it's available.

Someone on the Lexus forum used his own money to prove your point and satisfy his own curiosity.

He purchased an OE Ls430 radiator made by Denso, north of $400 list. Think he got it low $300s.

If I recall the point was just because a Lexus dealer installed a Denso, doesn’t mean it’s OE. There was some dealer in FLA who offered lifetime warranty on service, and another guy had 3 radiators replaced for free. Many suspected this many failures cannot be with OE, rather they were aftermarket.
Toyota's MVP Radiator Program appears to be similar to the aftermarket Denso line sold on Rockauto.

Looks like RA listed it as “original grade”
RA's gradations mean nothing AFAIC.

But the Mevotech part # would surely yield some answers as to how the manufacturer classifies it -- I'd probably just start with a web search of the part # and then try to find a Mevotech homepage if the web search was ambiguous.

That said, I think a lot of the part numbers are the same and just gain different prefixes or suffixes? eg perhaps we'd know it's considered "Supreme" if it were, say, 7802S. I dunno, maybe I'm over-simplifying

But the Mevotech part # would surely yield some answers as to how the manufacturer classifies it -- I'd probably just start with a web search of the part # and then try to find a Mevotech homepage if the web search was ambiguous.

That said, I think a lot of the part numbers are the same and just gain different prefixes or suffixes? eg perhaps we'd know it's considered "Supreme" if it were, say, 7802S. I dunno, maybe I'm over-simplifying
Original grade is the cheapest. Supreme is their mid-grade. TTX is the one that comes in cool colors.

IMG_6976.jpg

Pretty much

A lot of the part numbers across brands are essentially the same with variations in prefix/suffix.

That mevotec may be (literally) the same part as an entry level moog, for instance.

It's been my experience that a little googling/cross shopping can often yield some clarity.

Reactions: D60

Usually the OE parts will have automaker symbols as part of their design markings.

If those are ground off, it’s a better chance that it’s an OE part that is relabeled.

With such massive worldwide availability of so many replacement parts, it’s hard to fathom why most vendors would do that for their value line if they had a choice.

Back