MERCURY MOTOR & OIL

who produces MERCURY marine engine oil?

Anyone have experience with these engines and these lubricants?

Unless things have changed it's made by Citgo.

The oils are pretty good basically a HDEO. Mercury doesn't like viscosity modifiers so depending on the oil they have either none or few VM's.
Their gear oil for outboards does have a ton of emulsifiers for water intrusion found that out first hand.

For engine experience though you'll have to be more specific they make everything from a 2.5hp outboard to a 550hp TDI diesel inboard.

I wouldn't hesitate to use any of their stuff.

we are doing studies on fast boats with engines such as seatek, lamborghini, mercury used on offshore.

I need to find information from the other side of the world.

start by identifying the right high power engines used in some competition and which oils are suggested by the engine manufacturer.

can you help me on mercury?

Unless things have changed it's made by Citgo.

The oils are pretty good basically a HDEO. Mercury doesn't like viscosity modifiers so depending on the oil they have either none or few VM's.
Their gear oil for outboards does have a ton of emulsifiers for water intrusion found that out first hand.

For engine experience though you'll have to be more specific they make everything from a 2.5hp outboard to a 550hp TDI diesel inboard.

I wouldn't hesitate to use any of their stuff.
I had a conversation with a Chevron Lube Tech once. I was told that ANY multi-viscosity oil has viscosity improvers in it. For example Mercury's 25w-40 oil is a 25w oil with viscosity improvers. That is my understanding.

Quicksilver is Mercury Marine's label/brand of accessories, oil, parts.
QS oils have been blended by various blenders over the years to Mercury's
specifications. Mobil, Gold Seal, and Citgo. which ever does the proper job for the
best price. 25W-40 is their top product IIRC, but I've been retired from there for some years
now.

My 2¢

Back