1A Auto Suspension Parts

Anyone have experience with them? I am looking into their kit for my 2008 Crown Vic. Currently sitting at almost 179,000 miles and realistically looking to get at most a couple more years out of her before she's retired. Reviews seem good although limited. Price is right, piecing these OE parts together is substantially more expensive.

Thoughts appreciated!

I used an ebay kit for inner/ outer tie rods and adjuster sleeves on my 95 Town Car. Can't comment on long term durability but they were at least as beefy as what was on there before.

Reactions: D60
i have their parts on an impala and a corolla. So far quick struts, wheel bearings and control arms are holding well after over 2 years, tie rods wore out early.

Reactions: D60
I have quick struts, shocks, and links for a 2012 Honda Pilot. They are working fine.

I put their cheapest Chinese struts on my daughters CRV (185k miles)

I won’t buy them again. They made the ride slightly better. If they go 50k miles, it will be ok. I didn’t have $900 to do KYB at the time and not sure I wanted to put that into this car.

At 1A you are paying for their service/support, to get the same quality (or lower) parts that you can get elsewhere, for lower price or at least higher quality:price ratio.

I avoid OEM parts when I can, but only if there is a fair quality aftermarket alternative, which there often is for wear items like suspension parts.

What I would do is piece together what you need, being able to choose each brand for each part, at Rock Auto. There's also 5% off coupon codes floating around like on https://www.reddit.com/r/RockAuto/ Every now and then, you might find same part cheaper on Amazon, particularly if the Rock Auto order has to be split among multiple wareshouses so you have compounded shipping charge due to that.

In particular, don't get cheap ball joints (incl. tie rod ends), CV axles, or hubs/bearings.

Thanks for the feedback, they don't sound great overall from the sound of it. How about delphi and moog? Both very common on RA

You're lucky that you can still get OE Motorcraft parts, and in Arizona, they're worth using because your car will last longer since you don't have to deal with rust :sneaky:

If you still don't want to spend the money on Motorcraft, Delphi and Suspensia are good brands.

Back