Meijer Went Full On Purolator

They just play the vendors for the best deal.
Just used up my last Purolator from the clearance blowout, where they brought in all the Frams they are now blowing out, to bring in Purolators.

Menards did the same thing about two years ago. I snagged some Frams cheap on clearance (this was before First Brands got to cost cutting). Now they are all Purolater, all three lines. Classic, PureOne and Boss for pretty good prices.

They just play the vendors for the best deal.
Just used up my last Purolator from the clearance blowout, where they brought in all the Frams they are now blowing out, to bring in Purolators.
Makes sense, but they’ve been 90% Fram for like 30 years. Must have been a heck of a deal. Meijer didn’t even try to do a clearance sale on the Frams. They just disappeared from the shelves.

Makes sense, but they’ve been 90% Fram for like 30 years. Must have been a heck of a deal. Meijer didn’t even try to do a clearance sale on the Frams. They just disappeared from the shelves.
Oh, yes they did do a clearance sale-I’ve been picking up air filters & even a few OG Ultras for 50-75% off their original prices. My main Meijer relocated the filters to a general clearance area, away from the auto section recently.

Big racks of them around here, especially the OF's.
I was in there a couple of days ago. Most of the OF's were < $2. Unfortunately, nothing I could use.
When they were blowing out the Puro's the last time, they had about 6 or 7 of them for my pickup, marked down to 40 cents each.

Oh, yes they did do a clearance sale-I’ve been picking up air filters & even a few OG Ultras for 50-75% off their original prices. My main Meijer relocated the filters to a general clearance area, away from the auto section recently.
Must have missed the clearance area. I pass by the auto section once a week.

Here too..
PXL_20240327_175058635.jpg

They sure did here in Louisville and made a killing on Fram 7317 oil filters and cabin and engine air filters for my 21 Honda HRV.. I am set for many years to come....

May be a good time to go OF shopping.
Finally had the time to hit a couple of other Meijers, and cleaned up at least on a couple of the applications that I needed.
Found ten for my pickup. The first five came from one Meijer that were marked down to $2.19 each, minus 25% clearance discount. They weren't going to honor the clearance discount, until I went back and took a picture of the big sign that indicated such. Got another five at the second Meijer, 90% off for $1.10 each, with no additional fuss necessary.
Found four for my Deere at the second Meijer for $1.10 each.
Pretty decent haul.

My local Meijer recently just got a bunch of purolator filters as well. The Fram CAF for my truck was $18, Purolator was $30.

• Sad
Reactions: hrv
Yes, I discovered this the other day. Ended up buying a M1 instead of typical Fram Ultra. Lodged a complaint too.

Back