MC FL820S CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WellOiled
After reading many posts on Purolator oil filters that tear, I decided to buy an oil filter cutter and check my favorite oil filter. I had this one in the oil drain pan checking to see how long the anti drain back valve would hold oil. So it was a good one to cut open.

[Linked Image]

Dome end tear.

[Linked Image]

Thread end tear.

WellOiled: my father said what i quoted above. Its all good friend
smile.gif

53' Stude - I estimate that over 50% of my father's jokes and sayings would get me banned. And I have repeated them. Sometimes got into trouble. It's all good friend!!!
wink.gif

If the filters were so bad wouldn't you think Ford would be having issues with the modular engines? For the most part they are very long lasting engines. At least the 4.6's.

Originally Posted by 69Torino
I'm sure you're right. They don't look like Purolator at all. Wish I knew.

Is there a date code on the can? Format of the date code can give a clue.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
69Torino said:
I'm sure you're right. They don't look like Purolator at all. Wish I knew.

It does, but the filter is screwed onto the engine at the moment.

The 4.6 engines do last, but the high mileage cars they are in like police and Taxi don't use factory filters. They both use off brands. Our county used Pronto store filters, when they closed they get eco guards or equivalent. And bulk 55 gallon drums of conventional oil changed oil and filter every 4100 miles.

The county used to change the oil in all cars in the fleet, city, meter reader, police ect. every 3k miles! That stopped around 2010

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DONWATERS
........ bulk 55 gallon drums of conventional oil changed oil and filter every 4100 miles.........used to change the oil in all cars in the fleet, city, meter reader, police ect. every 3k miles! That stopped around 2010

They could probably go longer than 4100 miles, too

Not the worst looking filter I've seen. Run it for 5k and I bet it looks a lot worse :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back