Mazda 3 and 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Up until the last handfull of years, Mazda still struggled with rust issues

The OP lives in Houston, Texas. Pretty sure they won't be putting salt on the roads until the next ice age.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Up until the last handfull of years, Mazda still struggled with rust issues

The OP lives in Houston, Texas. Pretty sure they won't be putting salt on the roads until the next ice age.

You can say that again, I just got back actually from being stationed up in VA. My current Scion Xa never had rust issues on the under body until I moved up northish.

More fun to drive then most competition but not fun to drive cars. Just be aware of that. They have adequate power.

I would not worry much about the manual transmission just make sure you like it and hope they have one on lot to test drive.

Went with relative while she test drove a 3. Surprising room in the rear seat I thought.

Having driven both, the 6 seems to be a fairly blatant old-fashioned Japanese knockoff of a smaller Audi in everything but power. My relatives have had one for three years and told me: "I'm never going back to a Honda."

Originally Posted By: ecotourist
Originally Posted By: danthaman1980
.. you can't fit a [censored] rear-facing car seat into a normal sized sedan anymore. When people start having babies and figure out the infant car seats don't fit in their average sized sedans, it's off to go look at SUVs).

Our rear facing baby seat fits just fine in my 2007 Honda Accord. It does fill all the available space but it's not a problem.

Yeah, my former boss had an Accord of similar vintage and I rode in the backseat on a handful of occasions. Surprisingly roomy for a midsized sedan, we were able to fit 3 adults in the backseat... It was tight but not uncomfortable. That wouldn't be possible in my Mazda!

Last edited:
I have a dozen oil filters looking for a good home. Originally purchased for my 2008 Mazdaspeed3, they probably fit other Mazdas but I'll let you cross reference to see.

Just helped my daughter buy her first car-a 2017 CX-3. Mazdas are still cool.

Last edited:
I have experience with 2 Mazda 3s over the past several years. First was a 1st gen(2007?) hatchback with the 2.3 and manual. Bought new. Kept for about 3 years. Torquey, good handling little car. No issues whatsoever. Second was a 2010 sedan with the 2.0 and auto, bought used about 4 years ago. No issues whatsoever. Handles great and really like Mazda's auto transmission.
I would definitely buy another Mazda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back