Mayweather vs Mc Gregor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow

All the people who could care less gave me the giggles.

All the people? There's only one that stated that..

Now that I've clicked (unintentionally) on this thread again, and felt compelled to clarify what was said, I'm done.

whistle.gif

Haven't read the pther posts in the thread, then clearly...nor watched the video about stoicism using MacGregor as an example.

And thus don't get why I felt it funny...

now that's funny.

Too much personalized hype.
Talking to anyone about a fight is like asking a fan about a soap opera during its third season. The person you're talking to has solid opinions and you're in the dark.

It slops over into the commentators style as well. They figure you're into their life stories etc.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I think McGregor would whup Mayweather in a real fight....but boxing....na.....

Exactly. It ended the way I thought it would. In a real fight Mayweather would have wished he stayed home.

Perhaps directed at "I COULD NOT care less" being another way of saying "don't care" ...

The ref stopped it too early IMHO. Connor could care less (ha ha, get it???
crackmeup2.gif
) if he gets knocked out, and he's gotten pummeled a lot worse on the octagon.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Originally Posted By: Seventh
I really don't have any appreciation for the way mayweather fights.

Duck run, duck turn, back back, duck turn. Curl up in a ball. Oh wait the other guy is fading in round 10 after chasing me all night. SWING SWING SWING SWING.

Weak

Can't tell if you're joking. Did you lose money on this or something?

I agree he is a run away artist and good one at that

MacGregor did well considering he went up against potentially the best boxer in the world, and it was his first professional boxing match.

MacGregor's biggest problem was lack of power in his hits. He connected plenty, but they didn't have the power behind them to do enough damage.

At the end of the day, Mayweather was forced to run from this guy continually. Mayweather can say a lot, but he would be an idiot to call MacGregor a joke, or claim he's not a threat.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: pbm
I think McGregor would whup Mayweather in a real fight....but boxing....na.....

Exactly. It ended the way I thought it would. In a real fight Mayweather would have wished he stayed home.

Exactly. McGregor is trained and conditioned for real fighting while Mayweather is but a boxer.
This is so obvious that I can't believe I'm writing it, but the rematch, and there will be one, will be more of an open street fight with both fighters giving it everything they have.
Given what this duo got paid for this match, imagine how much money the promoters must have made?
They're fully aware of that and will plan based upon that.
Should be announced before the end of September.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Given what this duo got paid for this match, imagine how much money the promoters must have made?

Floyd is the promoter.

Well, Floyd all on his own couldn't have made this happen with the volumes of money involved.
He has no venue and no distribution channels available to him.
Others took care of that and no doubt had a nice payday out of it.
I would bet all of next year's pay that various third parties made more out of this fight than I'll make in my entire life.
This fight garnered worldwide attention and brought in worldwide cash.
That ensures that there will be a rematch.

Floyd would be an idiot to fight again, he has nothing to prove. Oh I forgot his middle name is "Money".

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I could care less.

"I could care less" is for people who are too lazy to say "I couldn't care less."
laugh.gif

Duck run, duck turn, back back, duck turn. Curl up in a ball. Oh wait the other guy is fading in round 10 after chasing me all night. SWING SWING SWING SWING.

Weak

I don't know what you watched because the better part of the Fight Mayweather was walking McGregor down and fighting.

How bad was Mayweather sandbagging? I suspect if this had been, as hinted at earlier in the thread, a winner take all purse instead of a big payday for both, McGregor would have been staring up at the lights in the first round.

Yes, we need an MMA rules rematch, and then something from professional wrestling for the rubber.
wink.gif

I watched it last night. Conor did good up til the 10th round,then he started to get tired and wobbly.

For not being a boxer,he did good IMO.

Originally Posted By: Garak
How bad was Mayweather sandbagging? I suspect if this had been, as hinted at earlier in the thread, a winner take all purse instead of a big payday for both, McGregor would have been staring up at the lights in the first round.

I don't know. I think Floyd played the perfect game. He knew Connor wouldn't make the end of the 12 rounds, so he spent the first couple of rounds trying to get a handle on his opponents technique and then let Connor fire all of his guns while sitting back keeping his powder dry. Boxing is a game with rules, and Floyd is unbeaten because he knows them and uses them to his advantage. That's sport.

Weak

Yeah, he's never impressed me either. He's nothing but a pitter-pat puncher showboater with a record that's far better the he is. He rarely knocks anybody out, and the only reason he TKOed McGregor is because Mcgregor was exhausted. If this fight would've been under MMA rules, Mayweather wouldn't have lasted one round. De Lehoy would've easily beaten Mayweather 5 years earlier in his career.

Mayweather gets too much praise for being one of the all time greats, but if he had to go against fighters like Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, or Duran in their prime, he would've been KOed or TKOed by all of them. Anybody who paid money to see this fight has a screw loose...now had they fought MMA rules, THAT would've been worth the price of admission!

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Mayweather would win if there was a rematch.

Not if the fight was under MMA rules, and McGregor would be stupid to not demand the next fight be exactly that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back