Master Bedroom House

That was the same as his. Split level.
Today here they build them huge 2 and 3 stories but no master or full bath on floor one.
Like you said if you are older or have an injury you are done
Yes, they are harder to find now, we only considered floor plans with the main floor Master and love it.
Production Builders trying to cut costs, its easier and less expensive to stack homes onto additional levels and keep the foot print of the foundation smaller for equal square footage. People admire our home with master on the main when they see it and wish they had it, even 16 years ago when we built the house. (translated = younger people like it too)

Ps. I am with you, we do not like connecting bedrooms with a bathroom in-between. (referred to in some areas as a jacknjill bathroom)

While I was away in Florida last year I toured many houses while I was out and about.

Now the houses were single level on slab as typical.

One house had what i would call 4 master bedrooms. Each had a full bath and walk in closets.

Now it had a den slash possible 5 th bedroom with a hall bath next to it.

Do you like that floor plan?
To me it would be ideal for people that like to socialize with out of town guests. Almost like a hotel room for them.
The house itself was about 2500 sq ft. New build Mediterranean style.

The house was in a quiet part of town with just a 1/4 acre lot..2 car garage and about $450k
Average for the hood 😀

You like???
Mostly asking about the 4 master bedrooms.
Wow! Something like that in other parts of the country would list for $1.4M and people would overbid it!

Unless you have a large family, the many bedrooms and individual baths seem to be a waste. I would rather have two very large bedrooms, their individual baths and walkin closets.

I would say only if you plan to routinely host and use those spaces for guests would it make sense...sounds like a good layout for a retired couple to purchase to host all the kids and grandkids...which is why it's in FL. Otherwise, would go unused quite a bit I think.

I like having more bathrooms so people don't have to show their mess to each other or share their personal stuff in common space. My bigger concern is actually what else is in the house like how many car garages, how big is the kitchen, etc.

Y'all are using outdated terminology. Instead of "master" bedroom, the correct term is "primary" bedroom. Not kidding.
People like you messed up the technology world.

1648568399126.png

I like having more bathrooms so people don't have to show their mess to each other or share their personal stuff in common space. My bigger concern is actually what else is in the house like how many car garages, how big is the kitchen, etc.
It was pretty nice and I am used to bigger houses. Three car garage and nice open kitchen. That said it isn't up to the standard of heavy hitters like @AutoMechanic though.

This place was another one at $409k on your lot. Just 4 months ago it was $369k. Very nice with many standard features. 3.5 baths here as you can see but very nice for the price. You could get a lot in a better area for $50-$65k

Screenshot_20220329-115029(1).jpg

Back