UPS Sure post- missing package

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
On 1 NOV 2023 a part I purchased on Ebay reported as delivered. I was working OCONUS at that time. I arrived home last night and went to find the package, but can't find it.

The package was shipped UPS Sure Post. When I tracked the package- the reply from UPS is: "left at mailbox". Our mail box is not located at our residence. I didn't think UPS was able to deliver to mailboxes. Any thoughts?

When I tracked the package- the reply from UPS is: "left at mailbox". Our mail box is not located at our residence.
Where IS it located? On the street? Would the package not fit IN the mail box? Is it saying it was left AT the mailbox, not IN the mailbox? If so, likely stolen after sitting out there 3 weeks. If you're going away for more than a week, it's a good idea to have your mail held at the post office.

Where IS it located? On the street? Would the package not fit IN the mail box? Is it saying it was left AT the mailbox, not IN the mailbox? If so, likely stolen after sitting out there 3 weeks. If you're going away for more than a week, it's a good idea to have your mail held at the post office.
This is what UPS states :Wednesday, November 01 at 11:33 A.M. at Mailbox

Our mailbox is a community mailbox, but in a gated community composed of almost all senior citizens.

So the question remains- is UPS now allowed to deliver to mailboxes?

Just did a claim on UPS- here is the response:

Cannot submit claim.​

This shipment was transferred to the local post office for delivery. Unfortunately, it is not eligible for a claim. [UPS:E014]

What a mess. No USPS tracking number provided by UPS that transferred the package to USPS.

yep thats S### Post for ya.

I get delivered notice(email) and it shows up 2 days later.. or they deliver it 1 street over. to same house number on a street with a name that in no way resembles the name of my street

This is what UPS states :Wednesday, November 01 at 11:33 A.M. at Mailbox

Our mailbox is a community mailbox, but in a gated community composed of almost all senior citizens.

So the question remains- is UPS now allowed to deliver to mailboxes?
No, UPS is not allowed to deliver to mailboxes.

UPS hands off Surepost deliveries to the USPS for final delivery, and the USPS can deliver those packages to a mailbox.

You will need to take it up with the shipper, as UPS is out of the picture once they hand it off.

I just ordered something and they shipped it UPS Surepost but through their app I was able to upgrade to ground for $7.99 but honestly I don't feel it was worth it, realistically I only received it a day earlier than what I would have. For the most part it travels on their ground network anyways but mine left Hodgkin's IL and then went to Greensboro NC which is a hub for Surepost, I upgraded it soon as they updated it after getting the package in their system. I feel that since I upgraded the shipping it shouldn't have went all the way down to NC. Typically packages for me that go through Hodgkin's will come down through Charleston WV and then to Roanoke VA, because of diverting to Greensboro certainly added another day or two of travel time.

So basically all my $7.99 did was make the UPS driver deliver to my house instead of at the Post Office, the package still had to go through Greensboro and then end up at their local hub here regardless.

Back