M1 Annual priced right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: leje0306

The last two runs of the rebate didn't list Walmart as a participating retailer. Am missing something, or will a Walmart rebate submission be rejected?

It's been covered multiple times. It's always been honored even though they're never on the list. On the current one, Amazon was specifically excluded, but it worked for them also on the previous round.

Do they have a 20K mile filter for smaller cars like the Nissan Versa. AMSOil only has a 15K filter. So getting an oil for longer than that is largely pointless unless you have a 20K filter

Originally Posted By: rinkevichjm
Do they have a 20K mile filter for smaller cars like the Nissan Versa. AMSOil only has a 15K filter. So getting an oil for longer than that is largely pointless unless you have a 20K filter

There's a little more to it, friend. You can change filters without changing the oil, and there are bypass filters that have pressure feeds IN and OUT, so they could (in theory) be mounted almost anywhere on the vehicle, including behind the front bumper or even the trunk.

I think rink still has a point.
who's going to do a 6mo 15k filter change but keep the oil? maybe only some BMW owners with a topside filter....

who's going to go through the trouble and expense to install a bypass versus just changing at 15k.

so perhaps the target customer is just the guy who wants the best to give more headroom and only drives 15k a year

The other theory is it's goldilocks marketting it's just the new top oil to promote EP sales.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
wonder if the AP is actually synthetic oil now.

That would be and OK price for an "LL" oil especially if it would meet porsche A40 or MB 229.5x
minus the HTHS requirement.

I'm am not a fan of LL oil tried in the past. I suppose don't want big DP messing with my AW in the package. If it runs sweet in the motor, though, I go for it regardless.
... and do a semi annual OC. Spring/Fall. I only drive 12K/year now.

I'm trying to decipher this comment. So you think this is conventional oil? Also, what is DP and why would it mess with your AW ( anti wear?)

I was just irritating the masses.
the asking price is inline with a grpIV/V synthetic at ~ 10/L.
I do not buy into grpIII as synthetic as are most all M1 product now.

Not saying Good or Bad - just mislabeled.
Eg - A gold plated silver watch marketed as 18K Gold.

Regardless of my concerns, Ill bet the M1AP ne plus ultra. Wonder how it runs?

In the past Ive found LL oils to be cranky for the first 2-3K miles before the Package balances out due to starting extreme overbase.

Last edited:
Thank you. The Versa takes less than 4Q so changing the oil and filter is about the same price as Filter and UOA and one one 1Q oil as 3Q SS oil is about $30 at PC prices. And no one is going to add a bypass filter to a Versa not even the former fleet owner of mine Hertz who leased it out for 22K miles a year for two years.

Originally Posted By: raytseng
I think rink still has a point.
who's going to do a 6mo 15k filter change but keep the oil? maybe only some BMW owners with a topside filter....

who's going to go through the trouble and expense to install a bypass versus just changing at 15k.

so perhaps the target customer is just the guy who wants the best to give more headroom and only drives 15k a year

The other theory is it's goldilocks marketting it's just the new top oil to promote EP sales.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
wonder if the AP is actually synthetic oil now.

That would be and OK price for an "LL" oil especially if it would meet porsche A40 or MB 229.5x
minus the HTHS requirement.

I'm am not a fan of LL oil tried in the past. I suppose don't want big DP messing with my AW in the package. If it runs sweet in the motor, though, I go for it regardless.
... and do a semi annual OC. Spring/Fall. I only drive 12K/year now.

Haha that reminds me of when I was a kid and you'd see all those beautiful "gold" Armitron watches and they'd advertise them as "gold electroplated". They'd be beautiful for a few months and would eventually turn silver.

I'm trying to decipher this comment. So you think this is conventional oil? Also, what is DP and why would it mess with your AW ( anti wear?)

I was just irritating the masses.
the asking price is inline with a grpIV/V synthetic at ~ 10/L.
I do not buy into grpIII as synthetic as are most all M1 product now.

Not saying Good or Bad - just mislabeled.
Eg - A gold plated silver watch marketed as 18K Gold.

Regardless of my concerns, Ill bet the M1AP ne plus ultra. Wonder how it runs?

In the past Ive found LL oils to be cranky for the first 2-3K miles before the Package balances out due to starting extreme overbase.

I don't know what in the world happened with my post,that's why I hate doing this from my phone haha.

That darn package imbalance. When will we ever be able to get away from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back