M1 and M1 high miliage what's the diff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the high mileage is sl rated. the m1 is sm or sn. High mileage is suppose to have more cleaning ability.

With 161,000 on 04 Corolla, should I be using hi-milage instead of regular M1? I change every 7500-10K and it burns maybe a half pint.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tc1446
With 161,000 on 04 Corolla, should I be using hi-milage instead of regular M1? I change every 7500-10K and it burns maybe a half pint.

Yes, I would

Your burning could be reduced. If so, would be worth the change. If not, cost and availability would be the driving factors then. Nothing wrong with using M1 if the hi-mileage stuff doesn't benefit you.

Mobil 1 HM oils have excellent add packs and I would consider them much better values then the standard M1 oils.

I use them in older classics and also newer cars with as low as 8K miles... They work great in all my applications.

I`ve been using it and it`s the smoothest oil I`ve ever used. I tried it in my gf`s Olds 88 and it`s excellent in that car also.

I'm using M1 10w-30 HM in my Subie and it runs quiet and smooth as silk, I love it. The EJ 2.5's like thicker oils and this has an HTHS of 3.6.

Well I may start running it. Both varieties are the same price at Walmart $23. My Excursion is a little oil hungry.

Perry

In my 4.7 Durango , I run M1 HM 5w-30 and it runs smooth as silk. It has a killer add pack and is very stout ,for the price I consider it a fantastic motor oil.

Could y'all help me weigh the pros and cons of M1 HM 5W30 vs. M1 0W30 AFE for use in a 1999 Toyota Tacoma V6 with 175k miles?

The HM oil certainly has benefits for a vehicle like mine, but would the 0W30 AFE be made from better base stocks than the 5W30 HM?

Is M1 HM better than M1 ep? I'm at 100k and I've been using it for the last 30k miles with 10k OCI.

Originally Posted By: KurtJ
Could y'all help me weigh the pros and cons of M1 HM 5W30 vs. M1 0W30 AFE for use in a 1999 Toyota Tacoma V6 with 175k miles?

The HM oil certainly has benefits for a vehicle like mine, but would the 0W30 AFE be made from better base stocks than the 5W30 HM?

For a vehicle as old and mileaged as yours, I would go with HM. In Texas, there is not a lot of benefit to be had from a 0w-oil. HM worked great in my Camaro, which has 162K on it.

+1 with your mileage and being in Texas , I think M1 HM is a much better oil for your Taco.

Im using M1 HM right now in my car and it feel great! Since I had slight oil leak I decided to switch to M1 HM and im noticing that there is only like 1 or 2 drops on my driveway if I leave it overnight. Great oil!

Originally Posted By: perryg114
What is different about M1 high miliage other than the lable?

Perry

I'm using M1HM 10W30 in my 97 Camry which currently has about 220K miles. While the car currently uses relatively little oil, the seal conditioners seem like insurance against a future problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back