LVP Flooring

Mannington. I can't remember what the style name was. Filed somewhere. Rigid core.

We really went for something dogS and catS can't scratch. So far so good.

EDIT: You know the main drawback? REAL Wood floor is way way more beautiful. No one can deny that. We have stone, then maple downstairs other than washrooms, kitchen, laundry - those are stone tile.

Minor drawback is supposed to be the noise, but seems like not a big issue.

My my office down and wife's office (up), bedrooms and bonus room (up) are all LVP. Baffrooms up are stone tile as well.

We have nice rugs in all the rooms - maybe why noise not an issue, and I for the first time in my life got to pick a rug out (for my office). Wife chuckles at silly me.

Last edited:
Which brand did you use?

Cost - plus some folks like to periodically replace (update) to match current color schemes. I don't see any floor being used for more than 10 years anyway, so LVP should last long enough.
Every house I’ve lived in has original floors. 10
Years?!? This isn’t carpet. 100 year old floors can look beautiful with a little care.

I do get the color scheme part if it’s being used like hard carpet.

Every house I’ve lived in has original floors. 10
Years?!? This isn’t carpet. 100 year old floors can look beautiful with a little care.

I do get the color scheme part if it’s being used like hard carpet.
If you have original hardwood floors there is ZERO need for LVP.

Our house was build in 2014, all the rooms we went with LVP were nasty carpet.

Goal for us? CARPET GONE!!

We did add HD carpet to the stairs after removal of the old carpet. Only place with carpet in our house.

If you have original hardwood floors there is ZERO need for LVP.

Our house was build in 2014, all the rooms we went with LVP were nasty carpet.

Goal for us? CARPET GONE!!

We did add HD carpet to the stairs after removal of the old carpet. Only place with carpet in our house.
Well I get it, but if you are looking to change the floors, once and for all to hardwood is the option I personally think is best.

Carpet is kind of nasty, though I like “real” persian rugs. And it is kind of nice to have in bedrooms. We went that route, carpet over original wood, since it is nice for kids to sit, etc. Shoes are never on in our house, I don’t think a shoe has ever touched the upstairs carpet.

Back