LVP Flooring

Wife wants to re-do our floors with new LVP.

I don’t know anything about flooring.

She likes the appearance of this product and it has a decent wear layer. But initial research suggests they’re a fairly new brand.

Thoughts?

IMG_8750.jpeg

IMG_8751.jpeg

Thanks.

That is an engineered wood floor? If so, I would look at a good well established brand like Bruce. All the click lock on floors uses basically the same system and pays a royalty to a European source for the right to use it. With a 50 year residential warranty, I would want to make sure I was dealing with a company that has a chance of being around that long.

With a 50 year residential warranty, I would want to make sure I was dealing with a company that has a chance of being around that long.
Looks like they've been around since 2014?

Top quality lpv is wonderful. I use it in all my rentals and my own home.

I like the stuff (but can't speak for that brand) . It's easy to install but make sure - floating floor - the sliding amount is not greater than the trim or threshold or you will get unsightly gappage. Also, you might need underlayment to match other floors. We got nailed by plywood cost during covid.

Also no matter what they say all hard flooring - real or engineered is not harder than rocks (Think about it) - it will scratch.

Lastly, rolling desk chairs will still need a floor mat.

I love ours, easy to clean and pets can't damage it (hehehhe)

Why not use the real stuff (I.e. wood)?
Most rooms in house have 50 year old oak flooring. It was refinished 20 years ago and still looks good.

One room has LVP. It scratches easy and dowsn’t really look great after 10 years. Looks kind of cheap esp after a few scratches. It was less expensive and easy to install, so it has that going for it.

Maybe its better now, but I will not waste time or money on LVP in the future.

That is an engineered wood floor? If so, I would look at a good well established brand like Bruce. All the click lock on floors uses basically the same system and pays a royalty to a European source for the right to use it. With a 50 year residential warranty, I would want to make sure I was dealing with a company that has a chance of being around that long.
It’s vinyl, not engineered wood.

I'd step up in quality. I put LVP in my home and went with the product from Cali Bamboo. Its tough as nails, you can't scratch it even if you tried and has held up perfectly with my 2 dogs, the pool traffic and sand. I think Lowes carries some of their product now.

We are 3 years into our LVP and it's not scratched or anything.

That said I have seen some garbage install jobs, garbage material. We shopped for a goodly while to avoid that.
Which brand did you use?

Most rooms in house have 50 year old oak flooring. It was refinished 20 years ago and still looks good.

One room has LVP. It scratches easy and dowsn’t really look great after 10 years. Looks kind of cheap esp after a few scratches. It was less expensive and easy to install, so it has that going for it.

Maybe its better now, but I will not waste time or money on LVP in the future.
Why not use the real stuff (I.e. wood)?
Cost - plus some folks like to periodically replace (update) to match current color schemes. I don't see any floor being used for more than 10 years anyway, so LVP should last long enough.

Back