Luckiest Guy in the World?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HowAboutThis
You can get OEMs for $4-7 for almost all makes. It's what they recommend for the car. Why the need for a $15 filter? What do you put in your oil that you need to filter out? If my oil filter is filtering out metal particles it's on its last legs and a $15 filter isn't going to save it. If I have gravel in my engine that needs filtering I should think about attaching the clamps to my air filter box and putting a filter in.

Originally Posted By: marine65
Originally Posted By: HowAboutThis
I was ready to get flamed. I get some of you are OCD (not OCOD) but I just giggle every time people spend $20 on oil and $15 on a filter. Lol. And then change every 5-7k because you just can't have any dirt in your oil. Good to see some normal people in the filter section. I'll keep going with OEM because ,as some have pointed out, they are the cheapest I can find.

$35.00 for synthetic oil and a top filter is cheaper then $5K plus for a new motor.
I call it insurance.

The purpose of a 15$ filter is likely for those who do extended drains. They have a higher capacity meant for extended drains. Although if someone wants to use a 15$ filter for a 5-7k interval, so what? Their money their decision. There are worse things to spend money on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back