Lubrizol Hyper Zdp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the Lubrizol advertisements. Its not like you can go buy Hyper Zdp; furthermore, I don't think you can tell if any oil has the Hyper Zdp in it.

Originally Posted By: TTK
I don't understand the Lubrizol advertisements. Its not like you can go buy Hyper Zdp; furthermore, I don't think you can tell if any oil has the Hyper Zdp in it.

Look for sodium in the oil analysis. It's Lubrizols GF5/dexos signature.

Ed

Lubrizol is a purveyor of an additive package for motor oil. They have a large development lab in Painesville OH (near Cleveland) complete with engine dynamometers and other facilities.I recall that the new QSUD has the new "ZDP" which you may have read from their ads. There are probably about 50% of the new SN oils that use the new Lubrizol adpak. Orinite is another provider of adpaks for PCMO/HDMO. Few of the blenders make their own adpaks. (EXMO excluded).Lubrizol was recently acquired by Berkshire Hathaway because of it's continued growth and profitabilty.FWIW-Oldtommy

HyperKid.jpg

+

400px-Zinc-diethyldithiophosphate-chain-from-xtal-3D-balls.png

=

hyperzdp.jpg

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

HyperKid.jpg

+

400px-Zinc-diethyldithiophosphate-chain-from-xtal-3D-balls.png

=

hyperzdp.jpg

Does it mean the return of ZDP in the near future?

I hope the SO standard does dynamic ZDP catalytic deposit tests as oppose to just a static low ball amount of ZDP...

But thats just me. meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back