Lubegard does work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ludey
Isn't LG Red just Moly additive for the most part for transmissions?

There is no moly in LG Red.

Originally Posted By: linkbelt
Have 1999 Subaru with 170,000 miles that was not driven for about 2 years, ATF and never been changed. (I was not the owner at that time).
Trans. changing was very rough, (I wonder why). Changed ATF, some improvement was noticed, but not good enough. Added 10 oz Lubegard, (red), and noticed vast improvement in tranny.

Have 1996 Dodge 2500 pickup with 100,000 miles. Auto. trans. was serviced by Dodge dealer @ 30,000 miles and also by the same dealer at 95,000 miles. The trans. was shifting rough after the service, so I checked fluid level, dumb dealer overfilled by 1.5 qts. I removed the excess and added 20 oz. Lubegard, (red). After driving about 30 miles, the tranny is improving and I think it will get better with time.
I dont think much of auto additives, however, Lubegard is the exception.
Is this the good one? http://www.amazon.com/Lubegard-60902-Aut...376&sr=1-17

partimages.genpt.com/partimages/716102.pdf
is one of two MSDS sheets that don't reveal if Moly is used or not in their product. Another one is similar MSDS sheet dated 1993 for their M-V transmission oil. I am not doubting it helps. I am just saying isn't it the same as Moly or that's their primary ingredient.

Wilheim D unless you have done a chemical breakdown of the fluid by sending to the lab. If you did please share otherwise, unless you work for Lubeguard. What gives you the conclusion it doesn't have Moly in LG Red?

Originally Posted By: ludey
What gives you the conclusion it doesn't have Moly in LG Red?

Their patents describe esterized vegetable oils and other non-metallic friction modifiers. They specifically state on their website:

"LUBEGARD provides a concentrated package that fulfills these deficiencies (without adding ZDDP, Chlorine, inappropriate sludge building additives like PTFE or solid lubricants such as Teflon, graphite or molybdenum disulphide.)"

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
^So let me get this straght: Lubegard is suggestion MoS2 causes sludge?

Any particle in oil can help form sludge.

The contaminants and breakdown byproducts of motor oil adhere to microscopic particles of any solid, and then these accrete to form sludge.

I`ll never forget when my 84 Gran Prix`s transmission (stupid turbo 200) started slipping. Dropped the pan and there was a mound of clutch material,and other junk. Horrible sight!

Originally Posted By: Vikas
thanks! I also take it that I should do this after I have driven it for a while?

Just make sure you dont over fill it. You dont want that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back