Lubegard does work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have 1999 Subaru with 170,000 miles that was not driven for about 2 years, ATF and never been changed. (I was not the owner at that time).
Trans. changing was very rough, (I wonder why). Changed ATF, some improvement was noticed, but not good enough. Added 10 oz Lubegard, (red), and noticed vast improvement in tranny.

Have 1996 Dodge 2500 pickup with 100,000 miles. Auto. trans. was serviced by Dodge dealer @ 30,000 miles and also by the same dealer at 95,000 miles. The trans. was shifting rough after the service, so I checked fluid level, dumb dealer overfilled by 1.5 qts. I removed the excess and added 20 oz. Lubegard, (red). After driving about 30 miles, the tranny is improving and I think it will get better with time.
I dont think much of auto additives, however, Lubegard is the exception.

That stuff is great. It has saved many transmissions over the years. I use it all the time. It eliminated a delay I was experiencing going into Reverse when it was cold out.

Is it good as a preventative measure or just if there's problems...?

I use Lubegard in my automatic transmissions as a precaution and not to resolve a problem. I went to a transmission seminar a few years ago and the instructor recommended using Lubegard as preventive maintenance. I know it does lower the temp of the transfluid in my 2010 Silverado as the truck has a trans temp gauge.

Originally Posted By: linkbelt
Have 1999 Subaru with 170,000 miles that was not driven for about 2 years, ATF and never been changed. (I was not the owner at that time).
Trans. changing was very rough, (I wonder why). Changed ATF, some improvement was noticed, but not good enough. Added 10 oz Lubegard, (red), and noticed vast improvement in tranny.

Make sure to change the ATF again to flush the old fluid and change the ATF filter too.

Dirty ATF kills AWD in Subaru as the center diff clutches are hydraulically operated.

Was is so special about lubegard? How does it work?

I drained/refilled 3 times over a period of time. Did not change filter. Note: the car had 150,000 miles when I did this, now is has 170,000 mi.

Originally Posted By: Mau
aww man anyone know where I can pick this up in Canada ?

I found some the other day at a 'Benson Auto Parts' store near me in Ottawa.

NAPA is also supposed to carry it, and that was my next stop after Bensons.

Either of those stores should be able to order it, if they don't have it on the shelf.

I'm going to be trying some of this stuff in the transmission in my Tribute - still works fine, but does the shifting is definetly 'off'....

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

It's great as a PM.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

It's great as a PM.

Ok, it's going in my Saturn.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

It's great as a PM.

Ok, it's going in my Saturn.
smile.gif

You'll be glad you used it!

Cheapest I've found is O'Reilly's if you have them where you are. NAPA does carry it but they are a bit higher.

I have Lubegard Red in all of our vehicles, some that had issues, the others as a preventative. It works!

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Wheres the cheapest place to buy LG Red? Amazon? I need to buy some and it has been a while. Thanks.

O'Reilly Auto Parts = $9.99 for 10 oz. bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back