Low beam but no high beam? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was driving last night, all the lights are working, i put the high beams on, nothing, total blackness, i can only drive at night with regular low beam. I changed the bulbs and same problem, what could cause this?

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Gimpy1
Check your fuses AND the relays. Your owners manual should have a diagram of both. Also there might be a relay/fuse box under the hood too, make sure you check both.
okay thanks, the witch seem to work, i can see the high beam icon on the dashboard. How do you know if a relay is bad?

Originally Posted By: wolf_06
Originally Posted By: Gimpy1
Check your fuses AND the relays. Your owners manual should have a diagram of both. Also there might be a relay/fuse box under the hood too, make sure you check both.
okay thanks, the witch seem to work, i can see the high beam icon on the dashboard. How do you know if a relay is bad?
the diagram will be under the lid or in the owners manual.

Are the high and low beam lamps in the same assembly or separate assemblies ? If seperate , check the grounds .

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: knerml
Step 1 - Check the bulbs

Step 1 - Read his post
yes i did put two new bulps

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Are the high and low beam lamps in the same assembly or separate assemblies ? If seperate , check the grounds .
yes, both dim and bright are in the same assembly

Does it appear the dimmer switch is working ( do you get the high beam symbol on the instrument cluster ) ?

Use a Volt Ohm Meter to see if the high beam lamp is getting 12 VDC .

Does it appear the dimmer switch is working ( do you get the high beam symbol on the instrument cluster ) ?

Use a Volt Ohm Meter to see if the high beam lamp is getting 12 VDC .
yes i do get dim and bright symbol, everything seems perfect on the dashboard. Just no high beam.

Are you getting + 12 VDC at the lamp ? Tested against frame ground ?
no i didnt, i dont have that thing with my handy

that thing with my handy ????

You do not have a Volt Ohm Meter ? Go down to Harbor Freight & pick up one that will work for this for around $ 10 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back