Lost Windows 10 Due to Automatic Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to upgrade, I download the iso and reinstall each time a new version is released. W10 and Linux make this process simple.

Disable the automatic Windows update. You can do that by changing the Network Settings to a "metered connection." That allows you to update what you want and when it's convenient. Always create a Windows boot disk for safe keeping in case your Windows dies.

And I had a problem when I had a job deadline and my Lenovo screen went caput. Then I put the hd in a Dell of mine to finish the job in time. Next I had the parts Replaced (the screen and the hd) back to the Lenovo. A few weeks later I lost the license under the `large hardware modification` excuse to dump you out. Had to ´buy´ (rent) another copy!! It wouldn´t activate/update anymore.
Thank you Mr. Doors.

I don't allow it to update drivers, or do automatic updates. Two less headaches for me.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I don't allow it to update drivers, or do automatic updates. Two less headaches for me.

I know how to disable automatic updates, but how do you prevent drivers from being updated when you finally do an update?

This discussion is very interesting to me as I consider buying a new computer. I am currently running Windows 7, that I like very much. I can still get Windows 7 Professional on a new computer. I know that Windows 7 will no longer be updated after January 2020. So what is the difference between having a new Windows 7 computer that will no longer be updated, and a new Windows 10 computer that I have to turn the updates off to prevent my computer from crashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back