Longest Lasting 1/2 Ton Pickup Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
Originally Posted by 4WD
Don't need opinions on what truck myself … but the OP does not seem to be in this cat fight about a bunch of irrelevant vehicles from "back when" men were men …

And hilarious arguments about reliability from folks who don't even know the vehicle they are bad mouthing.

The reliability of full size pick ups between brands is really not a issue. It really comes down to what the buyer likes and wants.

01.gif

It's funny how certain things stick in your head, real or not. When I was 15 (45 next month), my dad bought me a car. It was a ‘78 Mustang 2, blue with a white vinyl top. I was so proud of that POS
lol.gif

I can still remember what he said to me as he handed me the keys. "Son, you'll learn how to work on a car, and you'll learn to never buy another F'n Ford". It's pretty obvious he was a Chevy guy
lol.gif

Well, I leaned how to work on cars since that thing was broken down every 3rd day or so. That 4 banger burned more oil than gas too. I was so mad when Dollar General raised the price of their recycled oil from $0.50 to $0.75. I kept a case in the trunk
smile.gif
I drove that thing for 2 years before it finally gave out. We sold it for scrap, and as of a few years ago was still sitting at the salvage yard. I would drive by it sometimes when I'd visit my folks.

I can also say that I've never owned another Ford
lol.gif
To be honest though, I did look at F-150s before I bought my Silverado. Just couldn't pass up the deal on the end of the year/model Chevy was doing on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back