List Of The Oldest Touring Bands

must B a young guy. Here's nother mid '60s 1 that
became popular @ decade change. I DO remember
a tour , no? (tRump era?) a few yrs back?

Did anyone mention Pink Floyd yet?
As a young teenager I still remember exactly where I was when I heard Dark Side of the Moon on a friends dads state of the art audio system back when the album was released. Man to go back in time …
Oh yeah! Pink Floyd has been around forever. If I remember correctly, they started out in 1963 as The King Bees, then the Tea Set, then The Pink Floyd Sound, then The Pink Floyd (my Tower label 1967 lp simply says "The Pink Floyd" on the label), and then dropping "The" and calling themselves Pink Floyd. Named after Syd Barrett's two favorite US blues singers.

I always love reading rock band auto/biographies. My favorite reads have been about Pink Floyd, The Five Americans, The Monkees, and Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart.

Can't believe AC/DC hasn't been mentioned yet. Formed in 1973. I think there second only to the Beatles in Album sales or some crazy thing. Handful of dates set up for 2023
Wikipedia has a list apparently:

It depends on whether you include streaming sales or not. If we are going by traditional albums, The Beatles are #1, followed by Elvis, if we go by "certified units", Rihanna is #1 (but still in the top 9 for albums).

So, going by albums, AC/DC has sold ~200 million, the same as the Eagles, Rolling Stones and Whitney Houston. Metallica, in comparison, is at 125 million.

he might have been the twenty-yrs-older-than-the-rest (a guy was in the forming 'band').
Pete Towsand's lill bro was in it then (may B sang?)

I hadn’t heard of that. Simon Townshend has played with some other bands on tours and had his own band for a bit but he mostly plays with The Who. He has been with them for quite some time now. He also plays for his brother Pete and Roger Daltrey when they have concerts aside from Who performances.

Did anyone mention Pink Floyd yet?
As a young teenager I still remember exactly where I was when I heard Dark Side of the Moon on a friends dads state of the art audio system back when the album was released. Man to go back in time …
Remember the King Biscuit Flour Hour on early FM radio? What about a station called Beaker Street from NYC I think used to come on Fridays at midnight? Back in time..... oh yeah

yup, can hear it on 'woflgang's vault' - a 20 yr radio program. Wuz it the long laying LP style or the live concert broadcasts? early
'70s to early 90s... wouldnt fit in now~
so is not a currently touring 'band' from the way back

(some of the dixie land style New Orleans - Preservation Hall Band? who still get out? 70 yrs old...)

Back