Liquimoly Speed-Tec

LM says this just improves low-mid range response. Thoughts?
From my experience, it does. I regularly use this in my Explorer, and have done so for a number of years.

It wouldn't be realistic to expect a big difference, but it does make a noticeable enough difference to give it that extra little bit of a "kick", if you will, under partial throttle, much like Amsoil PI. Using ST, I find I don't have to floor it as much, considering the 4.0 SOHC is a "dog" of an engine in this particular application.

Is it worth the $8 per can I pay for it? YMMV, but it helps and doesn't hurt the wallet IMHO.

From my experience, it does. I regularly use this in my Explorer, and have done so for a number of years.

It wouldn't be realistic to expect a big difference, but it does make a noticeable enough difference to give it that extra little bit of a "kick", if you will, under partial throttle, much like Amsoil PI. Using ST, I find I don't have to floor it as much, considering the 4.0 SOHC is a "dog" of an engine in this particular application.

Is it worth the $8 per can I pay for it? YMMV, but it helps and doesn't hurt the wallet IMHO.
Isn't Amsoil PI just a cleaning product...not a performance additive?

Isn't Amsoil PI just a cleaning product...not a performance additive?
According to their website, it's a "Performance Improver" as well, although it's also a cleaner: Amsoil PI Performance Improver Gasoline Additive. I notice similar results with a bottle in the tank.
Per SDS

25-50% _ https://www.products.pcc.eu/en/id/1...opoxylated fatty alcohol C12-15,to 0.96 g/cm3.

40-55% Kerosene _ https://chem.nlm.nih.gov/chemidplus/rn/64742-47-8

up to 16% Napha https://chem.nlm.nih.gov/chemidplus/rn/64742-47-8

When ordering wipers I wanted to qualify for free shipping so Instead of remembering that I needed to buy a micky mouse flange I ended up buying two bottles of LM Speed-Tec.

I can't say for certain that I noticed a difference in partial throttle response. Will be heading down to Biloxi MS on Saturday so perhaps once the additive has fully mixed my opinion will change.

Stocked up. Even have a special LM pouch for it...hahaha. Free swag from a car show.

20230715_124438.jpg

20230715_124851.jpg

I don't know if it's octane booster, but Redline Si-1 treats 100 gallons and states it reduces octane needs by up to two points. I have a bit more faith in this and the higher end Gumout products with PEA.

Wouldn't buying a quart of naptha from home Depot and portioning it out to 8oz bottles be more cost effective?

Last edited:
Just reporting my experience with Speed-Tec. Used it when on track with a C7 Corvette Grand Sport. Could not feel any difference, better or worse. In a second C7, it seemes to have contributed to an O2 sensor failure. I didn't make the connection right away given no issues in the first car but when I got a CAT code, subsequent misfiring and more O2 sensor codes only @ the track after using Speed-Tec, I will use it no longer. Odd it was fine in one C7 and and not in another. YMMV.

Just reporting my experience with Speed-Tec. Used it when on track with a C7 Corvette Grand Sport. Could not feel any difference, better or worse. In a second C7, it seemes to have contributed to an O2 sensor failure. I didn't make the connection right away given no issues in the first car but when I got a CAT code, subsequent misfiring and more O2 sensor codes only @ the track after using Speed-Tec, I will use it no longer. Odd it was fine in one C7 and and not in another. YMMV.
Remember though, conicidence isn't causation.

Back