Fram tg10575 Ford Coyote

This is from my personal truck. 2018 Ford F150 5.0 which is tuned and has a mustang intake manifold and exhaust. Basic setup but it sees 7500+ rpm often and makes 420 rwhp. The fram tg10575 held up really well considering, there is one wide pleat but it didn’t tear. Oil used was Liqui Moly Molygen 5w50 for 8400 kms and 300 hours. The oil life monitor was at 4%. From the looks of things I plan to extend the oil changes on this to about 400 hours or so I’m thinking. I put the same kind of oil back in with the same viscosity and used one of the new motorcraft FL-2121 filters.

IMG_8325.jpeg

IMG_8324.jpeg

IMG_8320.jpeg

IMG_8321.jpeg

IMG_8322.jpeg

IMG_8323.jpeg

IMG_8326.jpeg

IMG_8327.jpeg

IMG_8328.jpeg

IMG_8329.jpeg

This is from my personal truck. 2018 Ford F150 5.0 which is tuned and has a mustang intake manifold and exhaust. Basic setup but it sees 7500+ rpm often and makes 420 rwhp. The fram tg10575 held up really well considering, there is one wide pleat but it didn’t tear. Oil used was Liqui Moly Molygen 5w50 for 8400 kms and 300 hours. The oil life monitor was at 4%. From the looks of things I plan to extend the oil changes on this to about 400 hours or so I’m thinking. I put the same kind of oil back in with the same viscosity and used one of the new motorcraft FL-2121 filters.

View attachment 209993

View attachment 209994

View attachment 209995

View attachment 209996

View attachment 209997

View attachment 209998

View attachment 209999

View attachment 210000

View attachment 210001

View attachment 210002

Looks pretty good. Thank You for cut and post

Oil used was Liqui Moly Molygen 5w50 for 8400 kms and 300 hours.
With the thicker oil, there's going to be higher dP across the media. Obviously, the media in the TG is pretty stout to bend that much at the wide pleats from the dP and not tear. If the media was weak and brittle it would most likely have torn, even with the end cap defection involved, that pleat is still bent over a lot.

With the thicker oil, there's going to be higher dP across the media. Obviously, the media in the TG is pretty stout to bend that much at the wide pleats from the dP and not tear. If the media was weak and brittle it would most likely have torn, even with the end cap defection involved, that pleat is still bent over a lot.
It sure is. I was surprised to see that. This was used for about 6 months and saw temps of -40 at times. And a lot of rpms other times when it was nice out. I’m impressed that it didn’t tear. But not overly impressed with it overall. I do like the e core style of the new motorcrafts which is why I want to give it a try. In the next couple months I’ll have one to cut open from another coyote truck in the family. It will have a full interval as dictated by the oil life monitor. Usually it’s around 10k kms or 6k miles using 5w30. So that will give me a bit of an indicator for my truck.

I'm not thrilled with the MC option either. I just don't like how they cheapened the line but doubled the price.

Let's give @advocate some other options in the same price range give or take..
They are pretty cheap for me here. Half the price of a Fram Ultra that I typically use. I like the construction of the Wix XP(other than the efficiency rating), Amsoil Ea and the Royal Purpe. But they aren’t easy to get where I’m at and are pretty pricey. The motorcraft ones are easy and cheap for me to get from my local dealer. I’m not a fan of the purolator made motorcrafts at all as I’ve had a lot of issues with them. But in all ears for suggestions. Preferably something easy to get even if I have to order online. That’s how I’m getting my liqui moly anyways.

It sure is. I was surprised to see that. This was used for about 6 months and saw temps of -40 at times. And a lot of rpms other times when it was nice out. I’m impressed that it didn’t tear. But not overly impressed with it overall. I do like the e core style of the new motorcrafts which is why I want to give it a try. In the next couple months I’ll have one to cut open from another coyote truck in the family. It will have a full interval as dictated by the oil life monitor. Usually it’s around 10k kms or 6k miles using 5w30. So that will give me a bit of an indicator for my truck.
Those -40 (deg C I assume) temps didn't help ... any filter would be screaming under those conditions. I'm betting the oil wasn't even close to being fully warmed up before you started driving. Anyway, as I've said many times, an oil filter should be able to run at its bypass dP all day long and not fail. Not sure all filters are capable of doing that these days. I'm sure that TG saw lots of bypass pressure dP levels in its life time.

I’m not a fan of the purolator made motorcrafts at all as I’ve had a lot of issues with them.
Me neither anymore ... for reasons I've stated before and why I'm going with something else. I have to keep clarifying and repeating that for certain members that need to improve their short term memory. 😜 😄 The new Champ made Motorcrafts with the eCore might be better, and most likely still meet the Motorcraft USCAR-36 which isn't too demanding to meet. Also, only some of the new Motorcrafts are eCore, and the other half of the new line still uses a metal center tube ... not sure if that's with holes or louvers.

Me neither anymore ... for reasons I've stated before and why I'm going with something else. I have to keep repeating that for certain members that need to improve their short term memory. 😜 😄 The new Champ made Motorcrafts with the eCore might be better, and most likely still meet the Motorcraft USCAR-36 which isn't too demanding to meet. Also, only some of the new Motorcrafts are eCore, and the other half of the new line still uses a metal center tube ... not sure if that's with holes or louvers.
I cut one open before and posted it here. A virgin filter. For this application (FL-500s equivalent) it has the composite core. The older modular (FL-820s) they still have the metal core. I’ll see if a couple months how the FL-2121 looks on another truck. I’ll also have the new style 6.7 powerstroke motorcraft filter to cut open from my work truck soon as well.

Back