Fram tg10575 Ford Coyote

Lots of guys here moving to Premium Guard made filters, they make so many house brands Iā€™m not surprised you have some available. šŸ‘

Seam pleat area spacing, being kind, not good. That said, if it didn't tear got the job done. I do note that the endcap appears to have deformed in few areas in pic #5 from top. The one that looks the most significant I'm assuming is in the area of the seam pleat area. While endcap deformation here doesn't appear to be enough to allow bypass, as the TG3614 linked* shows, not always the case.

Thanks for c&p.

This is from my personal truck. 2018 Ford F150 5.0 which is tuned and has a mustang intake manifold and exhaust. Basic setup but it sees 7500+ rpm often and makes 420 rwhp. The fram tg10575 held up really well considering, there is one wide pleat but it didnā€™t tear. Oil used was Liqui Moly Molygen 5w50 for 8400 kms and 300 hours. The oil life monitor was at 4%. From the looks of things I plan to extend the oil changes on this to about 400 hours or so Iā€™m thinking. I put the same kind of oil back in with the same viscosity and used one of the new motorcraft FL-2121 filters.

View attachment 209993

View attachment 209994

View attachment 209995

View attachment 209996

View attachment 209997

View attachment 209998

View attachment 209999

View attachment 210000

View attachment 210001

View attachment 210002
Good Morning Advocate,
Thank you for the C&P, very informative. You being in a cold region, combined with taking the oil to 4% and frequent revs to 7,500 rpm was an awesome test environment for an oil filter. I agree the filter looks very good with the conditions it operated under. I'm looking forward to your future C&Ps.

At what point did Champ start making Motorcraft filters? I know puro/mann did for years. If I knew when Champ started making them, I'd know what c&ps to look for when trying to see if I want to run them.

Also, I would be using the 910s if I were to go with motorcraft--do you know which ones are champ made?

Me neither anymore ... for reasons I've stated before and why I'm going with something else. I have to keep clarifying and repeating that for certain members that need to improve their short term memory. šŸ˜œ šŸ˜„ The new Champ made Motorcrafts with the eCore might be better, and most likely still meet the Motorcraft USCAR-36 which isn't too demanding to meet. Also, only some of the new Motorcrafts are eCore, and the other half of the new line still uses a metal center tube ... not sure if that's with holes or louvers.

At what point did Champ start making Motorcraft filters? I know puro/mann did for years. If I knew when Champ started making them, I'd know what c&ps to look for when trying to see if I want to run them.

Also, I would be using the 910s if I were to go with motorcraft--do you know which ones are champ made?
Some info in these threads. There's a link to a PDF that shows all the detailed info. From what I understand, this line of Motorcraft filters are alternatives, not replacements of the original Motorcraft filter design.

Great, thanks. I'm fine with the newer ecores (newer as in last several years) that had more columns & rows (?) in the design.

So from this page, linked to in one of the threads you linked to (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachments/oep-pdf.725003/) my Highlander & Sienna, which would normally take the 910S, can now take the 2123, and the 400S used to be the oversize; that is aligned with the 2120. That PDF that I linked to is a Motorcraft chart showing which old numbers line up with which new numbers, and give vehicles as well.

Some info in these threads. There's a link to a PDF that shows all the detailed info. From what I understand, this line of Motorcraft filters are alternatives, not replacements of the original Motorcraft filter design.

Last edited:
This is from my personal truck. 2018 Ford F150 5.0 which is tuned and has a mustang intake manifold and exhaust. Basic setup but it sees 7500+ rpm often and makes 420 rwhp. The fram tg10575 held up really well considering, there is one wide pleat but it didnā€™t tear. Oil used was Liqui Moly Molygen 5w50 for 8400 kms and 300 hours. The oil life monitor was at 4%. From the looks of things I plan to extend the oil changes on this to about 400 hours or so Iā€™m thinking. I put the same kind of oil back in with the same viscosity and used one of the new motorcraft FL-2121 filters.

View attachment 209993

View attachment 209994

View attachment 209995

View attachment 209996

View attachment 209997

View attachment 209998

View attachment 209999

View attachment 210000

View attachment 210001

View attachment 210002
Flexible end caps save some of these from tearing. At what point is the deformation of the end caps gonna cause it to leak by around the center tube opening on either side?

Flexible end caps save some of these from tearing. At what point is the deformation of the end caps gonna cause it to leak by around the center tube opening on either side?
Good Morning Plawan,
In my experience cutting open both the Extra Guard and Tough Guards, I found the stamp steel spring w/bypass valve fits very tightly into the center hole. It is an interference fit and takes force to pull it out. Combined with the spring force of the stamped steel spring, I can't see an opening being created if everything is made per print. I think the media or glue joint would have to fail first.

Good Morning Plawan,
In my experience cutting open both the Extra Guard and Tough Guards, I found the stamp steel spring w/bypass valve fits very tightly into the center hole. It is an interference fit and takes force to pull it out. Combined with the spring force of the stamped steel spring, I can't see an opening being created if everything is made per print. I think the media or glue joint would have to fail first.
Good info, thanks

Back