Kinda P/O'd with Redline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you're spending a few hundred every month, I wouldn't expect special treatment.
This is how I sold lubes. We had minimum amounts for delivery. This could be waived for good customers who regularly bought above the minimum. You want to keep their business for the long term, so if you lose a little on a sale once in a while, it can be considered a normal cost. On the other hand, customers who always bought at the minimum (or paid slowly, or who always had a special problem) didn't get the waiver.

Not sure about Redline but It seems like many manufacturers have agreements with their distributors that they will not undercut their distributor’s pricing. So, buying factory direct is often a good way to ensure that you don't get the best deal.
You have to be careful with that. Overt agreements could fringe on price fixing.
Many manufacturers don't sell directly to the public, and don't want to. Those who do, as you noted, will often make their direct prices high enough for their distributors to set their pricing with an adequate margin.

We should all be surprised ANYONE can offer free shipping anymore!!!!

The costs to ship anything anymore are just insanely high.....
Rather old thread, but I'll also say it's surprising that consumers on any level should expect free shipping at all. Do people not realize it may list as being 'free', but it's factored into the cost one way or another. I don't mind paying for decent shipping rates to keep people working. My only complaint in awhile is paying USPS for 2-day PRIORITY and getting the item 6+ days later with the idiotic COVID excuse.

kind of penny wise pound foolish yah think?
So you buy on price NOT quality I guess.
$10 is not a big deal Not worth getting upset over let alone post about.

I wonder if the OP uses Rockauto? Whining about fully disclosed shipping prices? I choose Red Line over Amsoil for all my boutique fluid needs. I believe they make a superior product in all their product lines.

OP has the right to an opinion and be disappointed. We certainly don't have to agree with him. I believe you get what you pay for. Although, it's nice to save money. Capitalism and democracy at it's greatest. Different strokes for different folks!

I wonder if the OP uses Rockauto? Whining about fully disclosed shipping prices? I choose Red Line over Amsoil for all my boutique fluid needs. I believe they make a superior product in all their product lines.
As far as quality goes I think it's a toss up. I believe Amsoil has much more product variety. Also, where is Redline's long drain offering, do they have one?

As far as quality goes I think it's a toss up. I believe Amsoil has much more product variety. Also, where is Redline's long drain offering, do they have one?
Performance versus longevity. Two different demographics. You are correct, Red Line doesn't even talk about extended drain intervals. The OP should definitely buy Amsoil or Supertech. Quality is a mushy principle. Gear box temperature, metalic residue and tear down inspections will yield many answers, the results of these observations from a sprint car quick change lead many to Red Line.

Shipping costs and terms (thresholds) have changed since the start of this post so we will close this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back