KIA + HYUNDAI Recall for 3.3 million vehicles ...

Thermal incident. Recall aside. I like that term. Sounds Submarineish...
"Sir, we just received news that a submarine just suffered a catastrophic nuclear event. What do tell the press?" "Let's just say it had... a thermal incident. That should make it sound... routine."

This has to be fake right? Every self-proclaimed authority says Kia/Hyundai is super reliable.

j/k, tells you how much you can trust media.

Last edited:
This has to be fake right? Every self-proclaimed authority says Kia/Hyundai is super reliable.

j/k, tells you how much you can trust media.
Well how many incidents have there actually been 20ish? Sure, Kia could just bury it like Ford does, but they're fixing it instead. I'd rsther have a 1 on 100,000 chance of an incident and the company move to fix it vs them burying it.

^ Except what about the leak count reported to their statistician, that didn't cause (near) fire? Even that # would be a drop in the bucket. Last time I had a vehicle with a brake system leak, I didn't report it to anyone. Manufacturers have no data about what has gone wrong with my vehicles, outside of the warranty period on the respective subsystem.

Which Ford vehicle fault(s) are you referring to? Just wondering, if those are a clear danger and buried, how do we know about them or know that Kia handles their faults any differently? I don't think any auto manufacturer wants a recall unless they feel forced to do so.

Back