KIA + HYUNDAI Recall for 3.3 million vehicles ...

Well this is just dandy. I had to take ownership of an affected Kia from a family member who *ahem* isn't allowed to own vehicles for the time being. Can't park it outside, or it will probably get stolen by some Tik-Tokers with a USB and a hammer. Can't park it inside, lest it burn my house down. Yay me.

Found it at the KIA owners forum . Keep tabs of things there and the HYUNDAI owners forum because we own a '18 ACCENT . Same powertrain as '18 + '19 RIO .

Well this is just dandy. I had to take ownership of an affected Kia from a family member who *ahem* isn't allowed to own vehicles for the time being. Can't park it outside, or it will probably get stolen by some Tik-Tokers with a USB and a hammer. Can't park it inside, lest it burn my house down. Yay me.
The vehicle’s anti-lock brake system module could leak brake fluid internally and cause an electrical short. An electrical short could result in significant overcurrent in the ABS module, increasing the risk of an engine compartment fire while driving or parked.

Simply disconnect the battery. It will drain the battery none (except self-discharge) that way too, so fewer recharges to keep it viable.

so WHY almost 10 years!!! if manufacturers were not in such a hurry BETTER more reliable vehicles would be the NORN!!

This is old. Even the years of cars are old. They had something like this come out years ago, something about replacing a 40 amp abs fuse with a 20 amp because they could t find the reason why they were shorting out, so the 20 amp would not allow the fires to start. Notice no cars after 2016 are affected.

Thermal incident. Recall aside. I like that term. Sounds Submarineish... So minus the fire stuff, I wonder if you can lose brake line pressure? Maybe I missed it in the article.

Like Dodge had for the Ram...Do not park in garage,,,because of fire risk..

Can't park it outside, or it will probably get stolen by some Tik-Tokers with a USB and a hammer. Can't park it inside, lest it burn my house down. Yay me.
Look on the bright side. It's just as likely to burn down the garage of whoever steals it.

Finally a recall that does not affect our 17 Tuscon. That thing has been in for at least 4 recalls in 3 years. It took them a month to schedule the last one.

This is old. Even the years of cars are old. They had something like this come out years ago, something about replacing a 40 amp abs fuse with a 20 amp because they could t find the reason why they were shorting out, so the 20 amp would not allow the fires to start. Notice no cars after 2016 are affected.
Yes old, but not the older model years, rather they were just added and newer already recalled.

BITOG topic: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/hyundai-and-kia-fire-recall.351179/

Last edited:
Back