Kendall Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
The two thousand mile oil.//

You just going to keep posting that until somebody tells you how clever you are?

This seems like a question that someone here might know the answer to.

One of the popular high zinc "classic car" oils is Brad Penn 20W-50. I've often seen it referred to as the "old Kendall 20W-50" and it's dyed green.

Does anyone know if Brad Penn and Kendall are associated with each other? As I said, I've seen this repeated quite often in reference to that specific oil, and I'm wondering if there's any real truth to it.

Brad Penn at least is not an inexpensive oil at least as conventionals go-it runs about $80/case. Even though it comes highly recommended, it's one of the reasons why I use VR-1 instead(the other reason is that I don't have to order VR-1).

Kendall used to be a Pennsylvania company and I believe the old Kendall GT-1 and the Brad Penn Penn Grade 1 performance oils came out of the same refinery tower. That was before Kendall was bought by ConocoPhillips and Brad Penn was bought by DA Lubricants. DA claims that the Penn Grade 1 performance oil is their only oil that still utilizes Pennsylvania crude base oil. I think Kendall makes their own line of high performance oils now. It is a higher zinc formulation and I think it comes in 20w-50 and straight 50. I use Kendall synthetics a lot but I'm lucky to have a distributor about 15 miles away.

The Kendall performance oil is called GT-1 Competition. It is a conventional base oil. They do also make an oil called Nitro 70. Wonder if anybody in NHRA uses it?

Thanks for the explanation on the Brad Penn/Kendall relationship.

I guess I've reached a point of not really caring where in the world my oil's base stock comes from, even though I know folks who swear by PA crude.

Originally Posted By: Badroberts
Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
The two thousand mile oil.//

You just going to keep posting that until somebody tells you how clever you are?
I'll watch that Bad. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back