Kashi Kills Their Line of Healthy Granola Bars

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Don't knock the Met-Rx Big 100 MRP bar (pictured) until you've tried them. By substituting one of these for a reg lunch I've taken off fat, not put it on. It completely quells hunger from lunchtime to just before supper, and has the most diverse protein profile of any bar or shake I've seen lately.

Hey more for you to eat up if others aren't buying them which keeps the price lower. If they really start to linger then they put them on sale.

Originally Posted By: montero1
Larabars are Awesome. They have so many flavors, and many of them have only 4 ingredients. Pumpkin pie, Gingerbread, and Snickerdoodle are available now. Bluberry Muffin, Banana Bread, Key Lime pie...........I have eaten 20 in a day a few times.

Wow, that's like $20-25 in larabars!

I like their cherry bars. Those and clif peanut butter bars are my go to if I need something that is convenient and portable.

I'm sure the second or third generation owners of those brands will get greedy and sell out as well.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: montero1
Larabars are Awesome. They have so many flavors, and many of them have only 4 ingredients. Pumpkin pie, Gingerbread, and Snickerdoodle are available now. Bluberry Muffin, Banana Bread, Key Lime pie...........I have eaten 20 in a day a few times.

Wow, that's like $20-25 in larabars!

I like their cherry bars. Those and clif peanut butter bars are my go to if I need something that is convenient and portable.

I'm sure the second or third generation owners of those brands will get greedy and sell out as well.

I was addicted. I was in Green Bay a couple years ago, and the Whole Foods had a bunch of the Fall Limited time only flavors...I bought $100 worth. Screeners at the airport were like J.C..

They're on sale for $1.00 a lot.

Oh yeah Cliff bars too, forgot.. I used them for air travel or if I and on the road and I will miss a sit down lunch. I get hypogly at 11A, sweaty by 12N. need something in the 'furnace'. This week I am trying to cut my morning sugars in half and triple my morning proteins. Pat to days have been decent/better. Grandys granola cereal; lots of Seeds and nuts in there vs big cereals CO's "Hog fatten for the kill" offerings. Yes they are that bad - even the good ones.

"I think Kashi got acquired by Nabisco or Kraft"

That's all you have to read. The big companies just don't want to compete -- they couldn't care less about preserving what makes something healthy or worth eating, even if their massive buying power means they can manufacture it for cheaper! (while selling it at the original producer's price, netting a large profit)

Everything that the big corps buy just turns into a cosmetically different version of the same worthless gruel that they've already been selling for decades. Their goal is to make you crave their cheap products that don't require any ingenuity to create.

*Edit - they got acquired by Kellogg (who was started by John Kellogg the 7th day adventist who is responsible for us eating grains for breakfast instead of protein link for more info )
The owners have to take a stand and grow a spine. One of the few take-overs that hasn't changed is Dave's Killer Bread. According to the delivery guy when Wheat Bakery (not a huge company) took over they tried to remove whole grains, and add refined sugar and Dave told them to go shove it. It's his way or no way, oh and why destroy a popular product the way it is?

No Pure Protein, Think Thin, or Quest = why even live?
I think Quest Bar is owned by Abbott Labs - who is now focused on medical diagnostics, cardiac devices(like pacemakers and artificial hearts by way of buying out St. Jude Medical) and specialized nutrition(Similac, Ensure and their medical nutrition line). They spun off their drug business as Abbvie and Hospira and now they want to make a push into sports nutrition to challenge Pepsi(Gatorade), Nestle and a European firm specializing in sports and baby nutrition.

Back